2 factor identification

Kirill

23 Jan, 2021 03:14 AM

Hello! There are more and more banking services introduce 2 factor identification where you have to use password and also code you received over the phone/text message. MoneyDance does not seem to be supporting that flow, at least it does not recognize it for many of my accounts (paypal, bank of america are 2 examples)
Please let me know if there are ways to fix it (obviously I can log into web site and then download transactions, but this is very inconvenient), or if there are plans to support that feature.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 23 Jan, 2021 06:18 PM

Usually with 2FA you can authorize that particular computer to continue to download without further 2FA for awhile, it periodically needs to be reauthorized.

2. 2 Posted by Kirill on 23 Jan, 2021 07:23 PM

even though some implementations of 2FA are like described above, this is less secure than requesting code + password on each login, and that's how it works for majority of banking systems. which means you cannot simply authorize yourself from the browser and then hope it would work in money dance, money dance has to support the protocols for requesting text messages. As of today using money dance with just a password causes my BOA account to lock every time, because money dance uses the password several times and does not request the text messages.

3. 3 Posted by Kirill on 27 Feb, 2021 01:43 AM

moneydance, is there an update for this?

4. System closed this discussion on 29 May, 2021 01:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac