Unable to setup online transactions

Mike Harding

31 Dec, 2015 10:57 PM

When trying to setup new credit card account for online downloads I receive an error message 200 saying that J.P. Morgan Chase has denied access to the account. I checked with Chase and they say that the account is enabled and should work. I have another Chase account which works fine. This account previously worked in Moneydance. I can access the account via internet with the same username and password. I deleted the account and tried again to no avail. This happened once before last year and there was a work around to add the account.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 01 Jan, 2016 12:02 AM

Hi Mike,

This is not so much a Moneydance issue as it is a Chase issue. If you want to, you can look through this rather lengthy thread for all the gory details.
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/1474-new-pr...

Without getting too geeky, Chase is apparently requiring separate ClientUID's for each account whereas, they used to only require one ClientUID.

Chase is also requiring confirmation of your identity when connecting with PFM software. By now, you should have received some notification from Chase in this regard. Check your Chase Secure Inbox on their website.

There is a preview build of MD 2015 that resolves the issue. However, there is, as of yet, no resolution for prior versions of Moneydance. We users of older versions of Moneydance are hoping that Chase comes up with a fix.

Be aware that if you are using an older version of Moneydance, installing any build of MD 2015 and opening your current data set with MD 2015 will convert your data to the new MD 2015 data format. The new data format is not compatible with prior versions of Moneydance. Reverting back can be complicated.

HTH -Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by Michael Harding on 01 Jan, 2016 03:36 AM

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate your response. I'll check your suggestions

Mike

3. System closed this discussion on 01 Apr, 2016 03:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac