NCSECU Transactions Not Downloading

mdubbie

20 Feb, 2021 01:38 PM

Greetings:

2 days ago I began receiving this error and transactions for the bank will not download. I removed the account number for privacy. Any suggestions?

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: State Employees Credit Union - NC
Account: CU Checking
Account Number: XXXXXXXX

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: Connection reset

1. 1 Posted by sth on 21 Feb, 2021 02:04 AM

What version of MD?? What OS?

It looks like NCSECU updated their security certificates and it is not clear if MD recognizes them. Try the latest Preview Release of MD to fix this.
    https://infinitekind.com/preview

2. 2 Posted by mdubbie on 21 Feb, 2021 01:39 PM

Using MD 2019.3 (1880) on macOS 11.2.1. I have tried it with MD 2021 (3032) and get the same error.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 21 Feb, 2021 02:49 PM

I do not think that MD 2019.3 is recommended for MacOS 11.2. But if the newer version does not work then I don't know how to fix it. You can get a bit more information from having the Help->Console Window open while trying to connect, but it sounds like an SSL certificate error and either NCSECU has had their certificates expire or Moneydance has an issue.

You can try some tools to download the OFX file directly that might give you an idea of where the error is:
    https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/18262...

(NOT IK support, just a fellow user)

4. 4 Posted by dugginsj on 22 Feb, 2021 04:51 PM

The same thing has happened to me. Transactions stopped downloading around February 18.

I updated to 2021 (2006) and that did not fix the problem. I deleted my connections and tried adding them back, but that did not work either. Now instead of getting the popup asking for username and password and then connecting to NCSECU, it just opens the website for NCSECU directly in the Mondeydance window.

This is the exact same thing that happened in February 2020.

For the record, I am on a Windows 10 x64 machine. NC SECU only offers CSV downloads, so there is not a satisfactory workaround unless the connection can be reestablished.

5. 5 Posted by panthersfan on 22 Feb, 2021 05:17 PM

I've got the very same issue. My error message is same as above. I am running MD 2021 (2006) on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1

I dread this problem every time it comes up - ugh!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jenny on 23 Feb, 2021 11:40 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered.

We're aware of a problem with the State Employees CU connection, and we've been working to get this resolved. Unfortunately we've not made much progress yet, as any changes we make are still returning an error.

It is my understanding that the problems last year were caused when State Employees CU decided to remove Direct Connect services. After many complaints from their customers, they re-instated the service.
    We have been trying to make contact with someone at the bank to confirm that Direct Connect remains active, but unfortunately we haven't been able to reach anyone yet.

If anyone speaks with the bank directly, could you ask them to confirm that they're still supporting 'Direct Connect' services? Your bank must continue to use this specific connection method, as Moneydance will not connect with your bank using Web Connect or Express Web Connect.

We will continue to troubleshoot the connection problems at our end, and hopefully we'll hear back from a member of the banks technical team soon. This discussion has been flagged so you'll be notified as soon as we have an update for you.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by panthersfan on 25 Feb, 2021 06:20 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: NCSECU Transactions Not Downloading

Usually there is a lot of discussion when this problem comes up. Has this been resolved for anyone yet? It is so frustrating.

8. 8 Posted by mdubbie on 25 Feb, 2021 09:48 PM

Still not working for me.

9. 9 Posted by wildstate1000 on 26 Feb, 2021 12:45 PM

I messaged the bank and asked about the direct connect. I explained the issue from February 2020 and the current issue. We need everyone to contact the bank so they know many of us use MoneyDance. We are stakeholders in the credit union and it is in their best interest to keep us happy. I will post again once I hear back from the bank.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jenny on 26 Feb, 2021 12:52 PM

Hi all,

Unfortunately we still haven't resolved the issues with the State Employees CU connection.
    We've updated our connection information and tried making multiple changes, but we've not yet been able to restore the connections functionality.

Another customer has helped us reach out to SECU for assistance, but they have said -
    "Unfortunately the only third-party service provider supporting by SECU is Quicken. As such, we cannot provide any technical support or troubleshooting assistance for any other third-party services. You can try checking to make sure your Member Access login credentials are correct and that you are still able to access SECU’s website as normal to ensure that the information provided to any other service providers is accurate. Any further connectivity issues will need to be resolved by the application’s support staff.".

We will continue troubleshooting from our end, but unfortunately at this time I am unable to say how long it could take for us to get the connection working again.

We would suggest you contact the bank and request SECU reach out to us. This has helped with other banks in the past - if enough customers get in touch and advise they're using Moneydance, it can make a difference.

We are also investigating other methods to connect with your bank. Our lead developer is currently looking to support FDX in Moneydance. This is a newer connection protocol that a lot of banks are moving towards.

You can still update your accounts by downloading a file from your banks website.
    We'd recommend you download using the OFX, QFX, or QIF file format. CSV files can also be imported - the steps are outlined in this article from the knowledge base.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

11. 11 Posted by panthersfan on 26 Feb, 2021 07:55 PM

Anyone have a suggested script and contact info to send to SECU. I would be happy to send email about it, but speaking their language in regard to the file formatting and understanding exactly what the problem is makes it hard for me to come up with what to say to them. This stresses me out every time it comes up. I absolutely hate having to enter in every transaction, but I sure do love MoneyDance otherwise. Last year there were a lot of people participating on this thread and sending messages to SECU. Not a lot of comments this time around.

12. 12 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 08:00 PM

I sent the following message to SECU this morning:

To: State Employees' Credit Union
    Subject: Quicken
    Good Morning:

I am again receiving an error when downloading transactions into Moneydance Financial Software. I do know SECU only official supports Quicken, but downloading into Moneydance has worked for years. I am including the error message I am receiving today which is the same error message I was receiving this time last year. The SECU apparently resolved this problem last year but it has returned.

Please forward this to the appropriate department for review.

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Account Number: XXXX

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.

13. 13 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 08:01 PM

This is the response I received from them:

Date: 2/26/2021
    Subject: RE:Quicken

Dear Member,

Thank you for your message. We currently have restricted access to 3rd parties using the OFX channel (a "direct connection" to account info) except for the software that we have a formal relationship with (Intuit). We are working to vet the additional traffic from other users. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any more questions or issues, please visit your local branch, contact us through secure messaging, or call the Member Services at (888)732-8562. As always, thank you for supporting your Credit Union.

14. 14 Posted by panthersfan on 26 Feb, 2021 08:18 PM

Thank you for sharing what you sent and their reply. I will send something over as well.

15. 15 Posted by panthersfan on 26 Feb, 2021 09:08 PM

This is what I sent and what I received back.

I am receiving an error when downloading transactions into Moneydance Financial Software. I know SECU only officially supports Quicken, but downloading into Moneydance has worked for years. I am including the error message that I am receiving below, which is the same error message I received about the same time last year. Various members reached out to SECU last year and the issue was eventually resolved. This is very disheartening because it makes finance management take considerably longer.

Please forward this to the appropriate department for review. I sincerely hope a quick resolution can take place as my family has used MoneyDance for many years and we really don’t want to have to switch to a different system for managing our finances

--------------------

Account Number: XXXX

——————————————

Good afternoon!

Thank you for your message. We currently have restricted access to 3rd parties using the OFX channel (a "direct connection" to account info) except for the software that we have a formal relationship with (Intuit). We are working to vet the additional traffic from other users. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any more questions or issues, please visit your local branch, contact us through secure messaging, or call 24/7 Member Services at (888)732-8562.

As always, thank you for supporting your Credit Union.

Crayton G. Matthews, CFP® AFC®
    Vice-President | Member Services Support
    Office Hours Fri-Sun 5:30a-6:30p
    State Employees’ Credit Union
    888-732-8562
    MLO#682020

16. 16 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 09:16 PM

Sounds like a corporate response. Perhaps Moneydance could reach out to Mr. Matthews as he is a VP of Member Services to get some traction.

17. 17 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 Feb, 2021 09:18 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

It might be interesting to see the console log. With Help/show console open, try the download and post the output. Be careful to redact anything sensitive.

Also. What version of md?

(Not support, just a fellow user)

18. 18 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 09:35 PM

Using MD 2019.3 (1880) on macOS 11.2.2. I have tried it with MD 2021 (3032) and get the same error.

19. 19 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 Feb, 2021 09:46 PM

I have no idea if we can help, but we would need to see the whole console output. Ie with console open, download. (Redact anything sensitive).

Up to you.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

On 26 Feb 2021, at 21:35, mdubbie <[email blocked]> wrote:

20. 20 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 09:52 PM

Not finding what you are talking about?

21. 21 Posted by mdubbie on 26 Feb, 2021 09:52 PM

I am getting this error now:

Bank Name: State Employees Credit Union - NC !!Currently Inactive!!
    Account Number: XXXXXXXX

22. 22 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 26 Feb, 2021 10:13 PM

You do menu / help / show console. Then with the console window open, do the normal download.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac