NCSECU Transactions Not Downloading

mdubbie

20 Feb, 2021 01:38 PM

Greetings:

2 days ago I began receiving this error and transactions for the bank will not download. I removed the account number for privacy. Any suggestions?

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: State Employees Credit Union - NC
Account: CU Checking
Account Number: XXXXXXXX

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: Connection reset

Showing page 3 out of 5. View the first page

1. 61 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 05:25 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

2. 62 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 05:36 AM

3. 63 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 05:59 AM

4. 64 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 10:21 AM

@mdubbie - can you reboot and try again... 5 hours later it seems to be working? Let me know? Thanks

5. 65 Posted by mdubbie on 16 Mar, 2021 11:33 AM

I have reset both accounts within one of my Moneydance files. Closed and reopened Moneydance. I was able to setup up the checking account without any errors. But when I go to download, nothing happens.

Mark DuBois
    [email blocked]
    919-724-3818

6. 66 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 12:03 PM

7. 67 Posted by mdubbie on 16 Mar, 2021 12:45 PM

I am actually using Moneydance 2019.3 (1880) on macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3. But I do have the unregistered version of Moneydance 2021 (3032) trying it out on macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 and get the same results. Not sure where to find toolbox.

Mark

8. 68 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 12:52 PM

9. 69 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 01:02 PM

I too am having this error since this past weekend. I now get this during regular account updates:
    "A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

This is with BECU and is for checking, savings, LOC, and Visa. So I decided I would try to disable then re-add the online banking, it was very slow in communicating to the CU, almost 3 minutes, then popped up "There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: Boeing Employees' Credit Union

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

Should state that no pie hole, VPN, or any kind of jiggery pokery is being used to connect. Straight 1gb cable connection on gigabit internal cat6a network.

10. 70 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 01:15 PM

Can you help, show console. Keep it open. Download again. Post the console output here?

11. 71 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 01:21 PM

closed

12. 72 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 01:33 PM

closed

13. 73 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 01:37 PM

closed

14. 74 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 01:56 PM

@dantellocy - nope.. Help>Console Window.. Leaving this console open generates more debug messages...

15. 75 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 01:58 PM

Yeah, I found it and forwarded you the console.. Thanks for your help.

16. 76 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 01:59 PM

@dantellocy - ah... you said BECU - that's a different profile (which we haven't fixed).. Do you also have a SECU account? If so, does this now work?

17. 77 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 02:00 PM

No, just BECU. Thought you'd like to know that it's not working as well
    now.

18. 78 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 02:10 PM

19. 79 Posted by mdubbie on 16 Mar, 2021 02:49 PM

@Stuart - I download toolbox and ran it clear banking information. I went through set up online banking again and the connection worked. This was using Moneydance 2021 (3032) unregistered version. How would apply this to Moneydance 2019.3 (1880) which I am currently using actively? I also appreciate your help in getting this resolved.

Mark

20. 80 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 02:55 PM

closed

21. 81 Posted by dantellocy on 16 Mar, 2021 02:59 PM

closed

22. 82 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 03:01 PM

@mdubbie - you can't - 2019 doesn't work. I just tried it with my profile builder.. The newer versions include connection support. So I think you will have to upgrade.. S

23. 83 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 03:03 PM

24. 84 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 03:08 PM

All, to clarify the latest on NCSECU.
    1/ My fix script works if you want to run that
    2/ The Moneydance profile is now working too (as of today). To use you will have to disable your profile on each SECU account and then setup online banking again. You might have to reboot first. You might need to run toolbox to delete the existing profile first. BUT, you don't need to do this if you already have a working profile using my script.
    3/ Don't try this on version 2019 - it simply doesn't work. you need to upgrade.

25. 85 Posted by mdubbie on 16 Mar, 2021 04:02 PM

@All - I upgraded to Version 2021 (2006) and that resolved my issue. Thank for everyones help, especially Stuart Beesley, for spending the time to at least resolve my issue but hopefully others as well. Hopefully these changes will be permanent.

Mark

26. 86 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 16 Mar, 2021 04:51 PM

@mdubbie 😃 😃 😃 +1 (=5)

27. 87 Posted by hleofxquotes on 16 Mar, 2021 09:04 PM

Re: the command-line version of hleofxquotes mentioned in comment #55 (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/18327...) and automation

This method will make it possible for you to perform additional processing of the OFX response such as

• remove zero dollar entries
    • add/remove/modify comment values
    • fix up mal-formed OFX content

before importing them into MD.

1. Run the command-line version
    2. Run your script to post-process the OFX response files (they are always at a known location)
    3. "Open" the *.ofx files to import.
  28. 88 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Mar, 2021 09:19 AM

To clarify the latest on NCSECU.
    1/ My fix script works if you want to run that and get core MD working again.
    2/ The Moneydance internal profile is now working too (as of 16th March). To use you will have to disable your profile on each SECU account and then setup online banking again. You might have to reboot first. You might need to run toolbox to delete the existing profile first. BUT, you don't need to do this if you already have a working profile using my script.
    3/ Don't try this on version 2019 - it simply doesn't work. you need to upgrade.

29. 89 Posted by DRW on 17 Mar, 2021 06:28 PM

Just as further info, I've been following this discussion since the beginning, hadn't done anything or made any deletions or changes to my existing setup. I did download the latest version of Moneydance that I could get without a paid upgrade: Version 2020.2 (1929)

I tried a download this morning and it connected without errors but downloaded nothing. After a few hours I tried again and it all worked fine and downloaded all the transactions correctly.

So at this point it would appear to be working like it was before the problem.

Thanks to all who put in the work to make it happen!

30. 90 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Mar, 2021 07:57 PM

@DRW 😃 +1 (=6)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac