NCSECU Transactions Not Downloading

mdubbie

20 Feb, 2021 01:38 PM

Greetings:

2 days ago I began receiving this error and transactions for the bank will not download. I removed the account number for privacy. Any suggestions?

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.

Bank Name: State Employees Credit Union - NC
Account: CU Checking
Account Number: XXXXXXXX

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: Connection reset

Showing page 4 out of 5. View the first page

1. 91 Posted by dugginsj on 17 Mar, 2021 08:42 PM

@Stuart, @DRW, and @hleofxquotes and anyone else who had a hand in this, thank you! I just got a chance to try it out and it is all working as expected again. Thanks also to the IK team for staying on top of this! :)

I'd love to know how y'all got it to work so that next January when NCSECU messes things up again, more of us will be ready to undo their bad decision.

2. 92 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Mar, 2021 08:53 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

@dugginsj 😃 +1 (=7). (PS - it’s @dtd)

3. 93 Posted by Dana on 18 Mar, 2021 05:33 PM

I would like to add my thanks to @Stuart, @MargoPowell and Sean for creating a fix for this problem. As a result of a totally unrelated Windows issue, I downloaded and re-installed the latest version of MD (after buying the upgrade) and the fix works perfectly.

dj

4. 94 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 Mar, 2021 06:13 PM

@Dana 😃 +1 (=8)

5. 95 Posted by Jamie Taylor on 19 Mar, 2021 10:34 PM

Since Stuart is apparently keeping count... upgraded to MD 2021 and downloads are working now. I did have to clear the old profile (using a python script provided by support in a different thread, but I imagine it's doing the same thing as the toolkit) before "Set Up Online Banking" would work successfully.

Thanks for the efforts, everyone.

6. 96 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 20 Mar, 2021 05:00 AM

@Jamie Taylor 😃 +1 (=9). Yes the toolkit can do this for you. In fact, if you run the secu_create new profile script passed the first three clicks, it also deletes the profile at that point. Then you can abort the script...

7. 97 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Mar, 2021 05:50 AM

All, now. that the moneydance profile has been fixed, I have decommissioned my python script.

8. 98 Posted by Scott Kirkpatri... on 01 Apr, 2021 03:19 PM

I've tried to install toolbox so that I can uninstall the script but clicking on Toolbox in Extension does nothing. I am running version 2021 but it shows no build number.

9. 99 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Apr, 2021 03:46 PM

To use toolbox you need to be on the preview version
    https://infinitekind.com/preview

... but you don’t need it. Just disable and recreate the connection profile. It’s now been fixed in MD.

10. 100 Posted by Scott Kirkpatri... on 01 Apr, 2021 04:33 PM

I haven't been able to download now for the last week. It acts like it connects but I get no new transactions. I had followed the directions to go back to the "normal" connection and that was working two weeks ago. When I go to Setup Online Banking, it always tells me the attached message. I've tried multiple times to disable and then setup and restart Moneydance before trying again.

11. 101 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Apr, 2021 05:03 PM

I can see from the message that you still have my custom profile installed. So install the latest preview build 3056 and then the latest toolbox. Then advanced mode, ofx tools, delete bank logon profile (remove_one_service). Then restart. Then setup online banking using the MD menu.

12. 102 Posted by Scott Kirkpatri... on 01 Apr, 2021 08:46 PM

Thanks, Stuart. That fixed things.

13. 103 Posted by panthersfan on 14 Apr, 2021 04:02 PM

Anyone having trouble again with NCSECU transactions downloading? I'm not getting an error. It says it's downloading, but then nothing ever downloads. There ARE transactions to download. I've tried closing MD and restarting my Mac several times. I'm at a loss. This happened when I tried on Monday, but after restarting MD and the computer, my transactions downloaded. Today that just isn't working.

Edited to add: I am not a programmer. So I don't understand all the codes and such. I looked at the console window and I see some error messages in there. I just don't know what to do about it. Would appreciate any help possible.

14. 104 Posted by DRW on 14 Apr, 2021 04:47 PM

I'm getting this occasionally. When it does happen the following is the error log: uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers: <style type='text/css'>

However if I wait and just try it again (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours later) it then works fine. Not optimum but not a big enough problem for me to do anything about.

15. 105 Posted by panthersfan on 14 Apr, 2021 04:58 PM

Yes that’s exactly what’s going on. Glad to know I’m not only one.

Lisa P. Cunningham

16. 106 Posted by dtd on 14 Apr, 2021 08:14 PM

just a user

If NCSECU does intermittently download, then the problem is likely on their end, their systems may not be consistently working.

If that is the case, restarting MD will not make NCSECU servers work properly.

17. 107 Posted by clvr4evr on 17 Apr, 2021 02:32 AM

I haven't been able to download transactions since mid Feb 2021. at the NC State Employees Credit Union. I just saw this information that the issue might be resolved albeit a temporary fix but I've not been able to figure out what I need to do. At one point earlier, whenever I tried to start a new connection it would show the credit union as inactive. That is no longer the case. I'm using MoneyDance version 2021.1 (3065).
    I cannot disable profiles (no disable button). If I try to set a new connection, it pulls in my current account name, and account/routing numbers but it never asks me to input username or password. If I try to download transactions for a specific account, it will open the credit union login page but when I put in the information, then tells me the account isn't available. Please help!

18. 108 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Apr, 2021 06:12 AM

IK fixed the profile with my help a few weeks ago. Sounds like you need to delete your profile and recreate it. My toolbox extension can delete it for you. Use the signed version.

https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/

Drag the MXT to the moneydance left sidebar to install.

Advanced mode, ofx tools menu, delete banking profile. Select and delete ncsecu.

Then use moneydance online menu to recreate.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

19. 109 Posted by clvr4evr on 17 Apr, 2021 10:44 PM

OK. I'm getting frustrated. I guess I've done something wrong. I installed the toolbox, went to OFX tools menu and deleted my ncsecu banking profile. I have 5 accounts at that bank. After the first one, when I pulled up each account, there was no ncsecu profile to delete. BUT>>>when I try to set up new online profile, my account names still show along with account # and routing # on next page. It tells me moneydance has enough information to set up the profile. I can never input username and password.. If I attempt to download the accounts, it does nothing, or by individual account it opens the online webpage. Any suggestions?

20. 110 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 18 Apr, 2021 04:09 AM

Ok. Here’s a good test.
    - file / export backup and make a backup - file / new and create a new dataset - file / passwords, set up master passwords and store banking passwords - run online setup and link 1 account - see if it downloads - this is all as a test. - report back. Did it work?

After the test, just file / open and reopen your original live dataset.

Questions.
    - Do you have a master password set? - Do you have store online banking passwords set? - do you have any other online banks? If no, you could try online/forget passwords. Don’t do this if you have other banks set up. - do help/open console. Keep console open. Run the online setup again. After its ‘failed’, copy the console to a text file, redact, post the output here.

(Not support, just a fellow user)

21. 111 Posted by secucustomer on 18 Apr, 2021 01:59 PM

FYI, I'm not a MD user, but I believe there is a problem with SECU's ofx server. I have been unable to download any transactions or query my accounts the past couple of days. Instead the server response is a an error message "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator Your support ID is: *******************".

There are also reports in Quicken's forum that users are unable to download transactions via direct connect.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881499/state-employees-credit-union-nc-ol-220-a-errors/p5

22. 112 Posted by dtd on 18 Apr, 2021 05:22 PM

@secucustomer - Thanks for the link. Good info.

23. 113 Posted by Dana on 22 Apr, 2021 01:03 PM

I noticed my NCSECU accounts haven't downloaded any new transactions for several days. No error messages displayed in the status bar so it appeared there were simply no transactions to download, but I knew that not to be true. So, I came here to see if there's a (new?) problem...

Checked the console window once I knew what to look for and found that I am getting:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.<br/><br/>
    Your support ID is: XXXXXXXXXXX<br/><br/>
    <a href='javascript:history.back();'>[Go Back]</a>uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers: <style type='text/css'>

I read the linked Quicken forum as well. My, admittedly pessesmetic, take on all of it is that NCSECU is really hoping to push everyone to Web Connect. Because I use a different card for most transactions and then just pay it from the NCSECU account I've had for 31 years, I MIGHT even be able to live with Web Connect IF they would let me download the file via a web browser like Bank of America does. As it is, they only offer a .csv file and that is completely useless.

24. 114 Posted by dugginsj on 22 Apr, 2021 06:53 PM

This is happening to me as well now. Same message in the Console "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator." This is followed by a support ID and then an anchor tag (<a></a>) that says "uh oh, we've gotten some OFX with no headers:"

There are no error messages outside of the Console, so you'd otherwise not know anything was wrong; however, it does appear there's a new issue preventing accessing the OFX server.

Any suggestions on what to do to resolve this new issue?

25. 115 Posted by Dana on 23 Apr, 2021 02:34 PM

For what little it's worth, I sent the following to NCSECU via the Message system with the subject "Quicken"

I light of continuing problems with downloading transaction via Direct Connect, please make a manual Web Connect (not Express Web Connect) option available. The current option to manually download only .csv files is not helpful.

The response was:

Thank you for your feedback submission. We have added your suggestion to our list of enhancements to review in the future.
    Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or suggestions. As always, thank you for supporting your Credit Union

dj

26. 116 Posted by dwg on 23 Apr, 2021 08:45 PM

Web Connect will not help with Moneydance as this method is proprietary to Quicken.

27. Support Staff 117 Posted by Sean Reilly on 24 Apr, 2021 09:52 PM

Web Connect would actually be fine, as it basically means that people can just login with their browser and download an OFX/QFX file directly into Moneydance. If they actually do that, we could hook into it.

Thanks,
    Sean

28. 118 Posted by mdubbie on 27 Apr, 2021 09:37 PM

Well downloads are working again. Not sure what changed as this morning it would not download, but this afternoon is has. Hopefully it will continue without issues.

Mark

29. 119 Posted by secucustomer on 28 Apr, 2021 01:00 AM

Mark, thanks for the info. I was able to download my transactions as well. Fingers crossed it continues.

30. 120 Posted by Dana on 28 Apr, 2021 12:09 PM

Download worked this morning. Maybe we're good until next year :-D

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac