USAA Script to fix the broken download issue

Need to reconnect to USAA? I have written a script to make USAA download to Moneydance work again.

You must be on MD version 2019 or newer (if older, you must upgrade, else usaa will never work again).

Following these simple, but complete, PDF instructions will make USAA download to your Moneydance file.

FYI - this is now an IK/Moneydance recognised fix and they have written a knowledge base article on it too.

My python script creates a new USAA profile in Moneydance to replace the broken USAA profile. It has been used since Feb 23 by more than 50+ users successfully 😃

This script will allow you to download USAA transactions again. It isn't rocket science, really. You don't have to wait for IK/MD to fix the problem, nor will it stop you from embracing the Moneydance fix if/when it happens. I just fix the connection profile.

DISCLAIMER: I have no affiliation with Moneydance. It's entirely possible that this won't work for you. Pretty much the worst that can happen is that your bank logon / service profile won't work - but then it's not working anyway.. You can always just delete the profile and start again, if you wish.

PLEASE ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST!

The first thing to do is read the walk through PDF guide: ofx_create_new_usaa_bank_custom_profile.pdf

The latest PDF guide (now version 7d) is always here:
[https://github.com/yogi1967/MoneydancePythonScripts/raw/master/sour...]

The latest zip file containing the script to fix USAA/Moneydance is at: [https://github.com/yogi1967/MoneydancePythonScripts/raw/master/usef...]

FYI - When you click these links, you may see a blank screen (depending on your browser) and the file(s) will auto download to your downloads folder

You need to unzip this file. The script is called: ofx_create_new_usaa_bank_custom_profile.py

Quick Details:

• Make a backup first.
  • Read the instructions.
  • Once you run the script, Moneydance takes over with the new profile.

PS - If you get issues ensure a) you are connecting from a USA IP; and that any PiHole, Blockers etc are not getting in the way..

If you have problems, post - We love to solve problems.

CREDITS and thanks: @dtd and @hleofxquotes

I am not support, just a fellow user and creator of the very free and most-excellent Toolbox 🧰 extension for Moneydance.
The latest useful_scripts.zip package and Toolbox are on my site: [https://yogi1967.github.io/MoneydancePythonScripts/]

Showing page 14 out of 14. View the first page

1. 390 Posted by dtd on 10 Apr, 2021 04:36 AM

@mehkelley611
    Well, first of all, you are VERY close to done. Yay.

To answer your second question first, "Do you have multiple DIFFERENT...." this is the reference in the PDF:

You will also be asked if you have multiple USAA logins, but most should say “SKIP this” (read Multiple Login Accounts for USAA near the end if you say yes).

I should probably be more word for word accurate in the PDF with that verbiage. I try to be precise, but I missed total preciseness there.

As to your first question - that's where having many people (beyond mostly me) run the script helps the documentation and why we are on Version 7.

When using online downloading, most people (including me) set up "save/store passwords" so that they don't have to input the username/password each time they run online downloads. You have it set up so that you enter the username/password each time.

Stuart can answer if it is ok to answer "yes" to "continue if you don't have save passwords set" - and again, something I should then discuss in the PDF. The good news? HAVE A GOOD BACKUP, then say yes to the first question, and SKIP to the second question. And see if it works.

Stuart may jump in soon, it is early am in the UK. But his script is versatile and repeatable - if it doesn't "work", you should be able to just do it again with "ok" answers (and you don't have to go back to the very beginning, since you've already gathered the data and script in steps 1 and 2.)

Hope that helps.

2. 391 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 10 Apr, 2021 07:17 AM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER's Avatar

@mehkelley611. I presume you enter your bank connection password every time you download? This is ok and you can just click ok/yes/continue. If you would like the system to save your passwords then say no to stop. Go to file/passwords, set a password and then click to store passwords. Then restart MD. this is not mandatory.

Regarding ‘ Do you have multiple DIFFERENT credentials where you wish to prime the default UUID into (Root's) Profile?’.... most people say no. Do you have two different bank logins for separate account? I suspect not. But if you do then click yes.

Good luck. Let us know?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

10 Apr, 2021 12:14 PM
10 Apr, 2021 11:30 AM
10 Apr, 2021 11:16 AM