Ameriprise

nomadwolf

14 Mar, 2021 09:01 PM

I recently changed my password on Ameriprise. After trying to update in MoneyDance, I always get an Error Code 2000. 'Ameriprise Financial is unable to fulfill your request at this time'.

I'm connecting to Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct. If I try to set up through "Ameriprise Brokerage", it doesn't come up with my account #s, but this one does.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 15 Mar, 2021 01:21 AM

Hello,

If you haven't already, can you try completely disabling and recreating this account connection? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Open your bank account register by clicking on it in the left sidebar in Moneydance
    2) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar
    3) Click the Disable button. If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.
    4) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar (again)
    5) Click the New Connection button and select your bank from the list of available institutions that pops up. Click OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts from this bank

Make sure you pick the New Connection button, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank in this way will force Moneydance to reset the connection information.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by nomadwolf on 21 Mar, 2021 02:30 PM

Sorry, I only turn on my computer with Moneydance on the weekends. But no dice on ths.
    I did note that when I try to log into the website, if I've been trying to update via Moneydance for a little while, it asks me to confirm identity and forces me to update password. But even after I do that and follow your steps, no dice.

Maybe the 2 factor authentication is causing a problem?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Melissa on 06 Apr, 2021 11:46 AM

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delayed in response.

Wondering how are you getting on with Moneydance connecting to Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct?

Can you confirm you've contacted the bank to enable/re-enable Direct Connect access for your accounts? The 2000 error you're seeing is quite a general error but usually means the connection hasn't been set up correctly at the bank's end.

You may see an error message below the '2000' error code that provides a little more information about why the connection has not been successful.

Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for direct connections from Quicken.
    Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you cannot connect in Moneydance.

Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started:
    "Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also, give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

Please view here for more details regarding how to set up and use Direct Connect within Moneydance.

Hope this information helps. Please do keep us updated with the progress and let us know again if you need further assistance or have any other queries. Thank you.

--
    Melissa, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac