Credit card imported transactions change

Lori DuPree

13 Apr, 2021 08:38 PM

Hello, I've been importing my credit card transactions without issue (most of the time), but on my latest download, all of the credit card charges imported as payments and I am having to manually change each one. Is there an easier way? How do I avoid this in the future? I downloaded as an .ofx and imported just as I have always done previously.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Apr, 2021 08:46 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Does the preferences setting to ignore the download txn sign help?

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 13 Apr, 2021 08:49 PM

I'm a fellow user.

To expand on Stuart's response it has been observed that some financial institutions have reinterpreted the OFX specification and as such have changed the structure of the data they are providing.

We have seen this reflected in data being incorrectly categorized between deposits and withdrawals when they are stored in Moneydance.

To deal with this an option has been implemented under the menu path File → Preferences → Network to Ignore Transaction Types in Favor of Amount Sign.
    Selecting this option will result in Moneydance interpreting OFX data in a different way to account for the change in structure that some financial institutions are providing.

3. 3 Posted by Lori DuPree on 13 Apr, 2021 08:59 PM

Thank you for the clarification.  I would have spent a lot of time searching through options with Stuart's reply and I got right to it with your explanation.
    I am past the point of no return on the statement I just downloaded, but have made the changes in preferences and will be downloading another statement as soon as I finish this one.  If that doesn't fix it, I will look for more help.  Thanks again for your speedy reply.  Fingers crossed.
    Lori

4. 4 Posted by Lori DuPree on 13 Apr, 2021 09:35 PM

Fixed--thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Lori DuPree on 13 Apr, 2021 09:36 PM

that fixed it, thanks.

6. Melissa closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2021 09:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac