Downloading transactions from CapitalOne credit card

Jim

08 May, 2021 01:52 PM

I recently obtained a CapitalOne credit card and am having trouble downloading new transactions into moneydance. I have seen that this has been a problem in the past but can't find a recent solution. Are you able to download from CapitalOne? If so how do you set this up. I don't seem to be having any problem with my other banks or credit cards.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 08 May, 2021 02:05 PM

just a user,

Capital One is one card that I have to manually download. The other is Discover Card. They used to work, but I think they set up security so Direct Connect will only function with Quicken.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 08 May, 2021 10:52 PM

Hello,

I'm pretty sure that Capital One for some reason never supported direct connect for their credit cards, even though they did for all of their other accounts. At least, that was the way it was for years with them, maybe it was different at some point. That's entirely a decision they made, something we have no control over.

In this situation, the best way to get your transactions into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX, OFC, or QIF files (sometimes referred to as Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance. If your bank begins to support direct OFX connections in the future, we will be happy to work with them.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by gary.hammer on 31 May, 2021 12:25 PM

You may want to take a look at Capital One online transactions again.
    They now work with Money in Excel:

Capital One is here: get connected. We'll announce the most requested banks as our supported institution list grows.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac