Someone screwed up online Send Online Payment…

Ken

12 Jun, 2021 07:53 PM

**URGENT: Fire the person who degraded the Send Online Payment… dialog box.**

1. When you open the dialog box, it does not tab to the fields in order.
2. It starts with the second field, which is the amount.
3. You have to specify the amount, then back tab to choose a payee.
4. You can no longer find a payee just by typing. You have to drop down a very long list of payees and select one manually.
5. The software still allows more than one account number per payee, but in the Send Online Payment… dialog box ignores them. The dropdown arrow does not work. To specify an account number other than the first one in the list, you have to type it in manually.

If you cannot fix this, can you recommend competitive software that actually works?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 15 Jun, 2021 11:37 AM

Hi Ken,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance (or Moneydance --> About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

Please, can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing.
    You can read instructions for taking a screenshot here:

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Thank you

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Ken on 15 Jun, 2021 02:06 PM

Hi Maddy:

I am presently cursed with Moneydance 2021.1 (3069), running on MacOS 12.4

Fire the person who boobytrapped the “Send Online Payment” dialog box
    Let me know when a corrected version of Moneydance is available.
    Meanwhile, I will try to revert to the previous version and I will let you know if I run into any difficulties.
    If you know of any special considerations I must take into account, please let me know.
    If you choose not to correct this feature, I will abandon your product and choose another one.

1. When you open the “Send Online Payment” dialog box, it defaults to the “Amount: field. Previously it defaulted to the “Payee” field. The “Payee” field is not in the tab order at all. You can only get to it with the mouse.

“Payee” is now a drop-down box. It is no longer the first field when you open the “Send Online Payment…” dialog box. It is also not in the tab order, so you can only access it with the mouse. You can no longer select a payee by typing. You must scroll down the entire list and select the payee with the mouse, which is massively inconvenient:

The software allows you to have more than one account number per payee, as before.

The “Account # with payee” is still a drop-down box, but it only allows you to select one of the account numbers:

Fix these major problems right away.

Meanwhile, I will try to revert to the previous version and I will let you know if I run into any difficulties.
    If you know of any special considerations I must take into account, please let me know.
    If you choose not to correct this feature, I will abandon your product and choose another one.

Ken Collins
    13704 HELMSLY COURT
    Centreville, VA 20120
    703-802-1697

3. 3 Posted by avp2 on 17 Jun, 2021 08:25 PM

Your statement that the download function allows multiple account/s entry for a single payee caught my attention. I have used MD, mostly on Mac, since late 2008 and have never gotten that to work. I am currently on build 3069 and I can enter multiple account numbers, but the software then creates a separate entry, having one of the entered account numbers and the same payee info, for each entered account number. This works, but results in me having to add a "nickname" at the end of the account number so I can choose the right account when entering a payment. I have asked for a Quicken-like "nickname" function for the payee field since I started using MD to avoid this problem. I am pretty sure Quicken's bill pay function had the same multiple account number problem (at least prior to the 2007 version), which is why they had the "nickname" feature.

I really never use the "send online payment" menu item (use online bill pay instead), but tried it just now and it will go to the nearest payee in the drop-down list corresponding to the first letter you type after selecting the payee entry field - and think, although it is not highlighted, the payee drop-down is the first entry selected when the "send online payment" dialog box is opened or you tab past the last box entry field. You go to amount on a first tab (after opening the dialog box) as that moves the auto selection to the second field. I think it would be nice though if the payee drop-down highlighting was more visible.

BTW, the Quicken payee "nickname" feature was any payee name characters placed between { } would show in the payee list and account transaction register, but not included on/in actual payments.

4. 4 Posted by Ken on 17 Jun, 2021 09:32 PM

An Update:

[Up]grading to the previous version (yes, I said “upgrading”) restores the lost functionality in the “Send Online Payment…” dialog box without problems. I look forward to a new version of Moneydance that works. Meanwhile, I will stay at this version indefinitely until your developers come to their senses.

Sorry for the insults, but this is a stupid, frustrating problem that never should have existed. I can’t believe it actually happened.

Ken Collins
    13704 Helmsly Court
    Centreville, VA 20120
    703-802-1697
    [email blocked]

Hi Maddy:

I am presently cursed with Moneydance 2021.1 (3069), running on MacOS 12.4

1. When you open the “Send Online Payment” dialog box, it defaults to the “Amount: field. Previously it defaulted to the “Payee” field. The “Payee” field is not in the tab order at all. You can only get to it with the mouse.

“Payee” is now a drop-down box. It is no longer the first field when you open the “Send Online Payment…” dialog box. It is also not in the tab order, so you can only access it with the mouse. You can no longer select a payee by typing. You must scroll down the entire list and select the payee with the mouse, which is massively inconvenient:

The software allows you to have more than one account number per payee, as before.

The “Account # with payee” is still a drop-down box, but it only allows you to select one of the account numbers:

Fix these major problems right away.

Ken Collins
    13704 HELMSLY COURT
    Centreville, VA 20120
    703-802-1697

5. System closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2021 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Jan, 2022 10:15 PM
18 Jan, 2022 09:40 PM
18 Jan, 2022 09:28 PM