Recommendations for a bank

Alex Koss

15 Jun, 2021 07:16 PM

Hello,
BBVA Compass got bought by PNC. PNC will require new routing numbers and checks. I am taking the opportunity to look into a new banking relationship. I live in Flagstaff, AZ and am wondering if anyone has experience with either Chase or OneAZ Credit Union. I am interested in the Moneydance download interface, automatic/manual? trouble free? Thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 16 Jun, 2021 09:43 AM

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for contacting Moneydance support.

Generally, all the financial institutions you have named (BBVA Compass, PNC, Chase and OneAZ Credit Union) support direct connect.
    Unfortunately I believe that Chase will charge their customers a small monthly fee when Direct Connect services are enabled for a business account, for instance. Your bank should advise if you'll receive any charges when you enable this service.
    As for OneAZ Credit Union you may want to check with the bank directly.

Finally, your financial institutions may require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for direct connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance.

Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started:

"Please enable direct connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use. 

On the other hand, Chase allow you to enable Direct Connect on their website, and I have provided the steps below (just in case):

• Log on to the Chase website. Under the “Security & privacy” settings
      at the bottom under “Resources”, you should see Desktop software:
      After clicking on "Learn More", click “next” at the bottom of the box to enable Desktop software.

Chase then will send you an email prompt and you would need to sign in to a different website (chase.com/SecureMessages https://www.chase.com/digital/login-secure-message ) to get the secure message to activate it.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2021 09:50 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac