USAA Issues

DAVID B WHITE

09 Jul, 2021 02:16 PM

Have not been able to download transactions from USAA. Saw the script fix on the support thread. Followed all instructions. Script says it was successful but i get the following error when I try to connect...

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden
java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:403 Forbidden
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2755)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.sendMessage(OFXConnection.java:2567)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.updateFIProfile(OFXConnection.java:623)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.initSecureServices(OFXConnection.java:913)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.ofx.OFXConnection.getTransactions(OFXConnection.java:923)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:550)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.OnlineManager.downloadTransactions(OnlineManager.java:465)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.AccountDetailPanel.lambda$downloadTransactions$0(AccountDetailPanel.java:296)
at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.BackgroundOpsThread.run(BackgroundOpsThread.java:136)

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Jul, 2021 03:10 PM

Are you outside the US? I think they block OUS access.

Are you running PiHole, blockers, VPNs; if so try without these?

2. 2 Posted by DAVID B WHITE on 09 Jul, 2021 03:18 PM

Nope. I'm in the US and not running any of those.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 09 Jul, 2021 04:34 PM

… then over to someone else for ideas …

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 09 Jul, 2021 07:35 PM

Well, it looks like the script was successful, but you are denied access by USAA. Here's about all we have on the issue:

HTTP/1.1 403 FORBIDDEN – USAA appears to have more restrictions on who can download OFX transactions. One seems to be “U.S. only” which is odd given USAA is all about the military but let’s move on. If you are outside the U.S., you may encounter this, and must use a VPN to “be in the U.S.”. Another issue that triggers this is connecting too many times quickly. You get banned from connecting, but this appears to be short term, you can try again a few hours later.

As the documenter of this fix, I can only help when I know what's going on. As Stuart said, this is back to either USAA or Moneydance, as the script does one thing only - restores the connection. Errors like this one need to be looked at similarly to any connection that doesn't work properly.

Is this error message from the console log? All I can think of is to get more diagnostic info from all the error logs, etc.

What version of Moneydance are you using, and on what system?

Just some standard throwouts for analysis.

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 09 Jul, 2021 08:48 PM

You may wish to contact USAA to find out why you are being forbidden.

Say you are trying to connect via the Quicken login/password (which you are indeed doing), as mentioning Moneydance will get you nowhere.

6. System closed this discussion on 08 Oct, 2021 08:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac