Transaction disappeared

jfjorgensen

12 Jul, 2021 08:05 PM

I performed a manual download as has been done hundreds of time. While I was in the process of confirming a transaction using the tool on the right side, the similar payees choice, upon selection the transaction disappeared. Not to be found in the receiving account or the account in the the category. In fact I looked for it in all accounts. I attempted another download hoping to have it come back - it didn't. So at this point I will have to enter the transaction manually unless someone can tell me what else to try.

1. 1 Posted by tgilbert666 on 13 Jul, 2021 02:09 AM

I'm guessing that you've already checked that you haven't accidentally selected a filter in the register view and aren't using a split window?
    Did you select "Summary" on the left hand pane and enter your search terms in the search box top-right?
    If it's not that simple, perhaps, to assist others to help you could describe your "manual download" method in more detail? Import from QIF, QFX, CSV etc. or other method?
    Cheers,
    Tony
    (Fellow user)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 14 Jul, 2021 12:53 PM

Hi,
    Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

You could check the following:

1)The filter at the top of the register should be set to "All".

2)The button that toggles between split and combined mode is at the top-right corner of the register, next to New Transaction.
    If this is in split mode then all unconfirmed transactions will be shown in a second register which appears below the regular register.
    This can sometimes be collapsed, so that all it shows is a bar with a label that says "N unconfirmed transactions". If you see that bar, drag it up vertically and you'll see the unconfirmed transactions in that list.
    Finally, you could click on the Date field from the headers to switch from descending to ascending date order, as required

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2021 01:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac