PIN

Rick Fontaine

09 Aug, 2021 03:58 PM

I am evaluating the software prior to purchase and am trying to download data from my PNC accounts. Moneydance asks me for a password and Password/PIN. When I enter the online banking password, I receive a dialog box saying I am using the wrong information. I understand that the process used by Moneydance is the same as Quicken, so contacted the bank for assistance and they tell me that the PIN needed is issued by the software, not them. I can't find out where to get this PIN. Any suggestions?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 09 Aug, 2021 08:56 PM

I'm a fellow user.

For a bank to say the PIN is generated by software like Moneydance is wrong.

Another user was having problems and I took a note of what he did

1. Apply for direct connect pin online.

2. Wait until you receive it in the mail. When you open it, it will say, " this is your personalized identification Number (PIN), which is needed to set up your Quicken or QuickBooks Direct Connect access with PNC Bank"

3. Once you have the Pin Number, you need to call PNC and ask for direct connect technical support, you may need to say Online Banking Support, or indeed mention Quicken.

4. Tell the operator that you are using Quicken.

5. PNC system generates a user ID for you. You must call to get it. IT IS NOT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND ENTERING YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WILL NOT WORK.

6. Once you have your correct user ID, then setup the account - enter the system user id, old pin, new pin (twice)

7. Then download your transactions using your system generated id and new password

2. System closed this discussion on 08 Nov, 2021 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac