continuing Java download error emails.

Tom Johnston

11 Aug, 2021 06:42 PM

I can't find that series of email messages I sent, all just a few minutes ago.

Since there is no Disable button for the Recreate Connection process, would you recommend that I delete my WellsFargo MoneyDance account, and start over?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Aug, 2021 07:12 PM

You can run the toolbox extension. Advanced mode. Online Banking tools. There is an option in there to delete OFX banking service/logon profile.

(not support, just a fellow user)

2. 2 Posted by Tom Johnston on 11 Aug, 2021 08:25 PM

Thanks Stuart. I'm not a programmer, although I was twenty years ago. I've spent two days, about 12 hours, trying to get transactions downloaded from my bank. No progress.

Is there a Moneydance tutorial? Not that I can see. Is there a user's manual? I can't find one.

Where else, besides you, would I be able to find out that I need to run a toolbox extension, advanced mode? And why should I have to? This product would never have passed any quality assurance testing that I ever encountered.

Why am I getting a Java error when trying to download transactions? Why is there almost no mention of download problems in the archives? I suspect that there are so many users who encountered those problems that most of them gave up and considered the MoneyDance purchase price water down the drain. For those who posted messages asking for help, I suspect there are so many of those messages that MoneyDance deletes them frequently from the forum archive. Bad advertising.

I'm glad that you are able to find value in Moneydance. With no user's manual, no tutorial, and little help in discussion forums, I frankly don't know how you -- or any MoneyDance user -- do it.

Thanks for your comment. Best of luck to you.

3. 3 Posted by Thomas Johnston on 12 Aug, 2021 04:54 PM

Yes, I used to be a "toolbox guy" myself. I was a systems programmer in IBM/Amdahl mainframes in the early 90s. But we never required end users, or regular application programmers, to navigate around in systems internals stuff. And our application programmers never required end users to navigate CICS commands, either. But that's what MoneyDance requires, and they require us to do it without manuals or tutorials.   
        On Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 03:12:22 PM EDT, Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’ <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv2296546251 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2296546251 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 12 Aug, 2021 06:17 PM

In order to enable Moneydance to connect to your Wells Fargo accounts, you'll need to follow this link: https://wellsfargo.com/fmssetup

Once you login, there is a process in which Wells Fargo sends a message to your phone. Entering that message into the form on the Wells Fargo site will confirm your identity and enable Moneydance to connect.

You should then attempt to download your Wells Fargo accounts using Moneydance within 10 minutes. Once the first connection is made, you should then be able to download from your Wells Fargo accounts at any time in the future without having to repeat this process.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Thomas Johnston on 15 Aug, 2021 05:08 PM

Hi Maddy.
    And where was I told that I would have to follow that link? Getting MoneyDance set up is like a century ago when you had to stand in front of a car and manually turn a crank to get it started. And were never told that's what you had to do until you had your car towed to a mechanic, who then told you about the hand crank.
    Thanks for responding, but I have no confidence that I will be able to download transactions after using the link you provide, and no confidence that I won't be wasting hours on an inevitable flood of additional problems. So I've deleted MoneyDance.
    A user's manual -- a real one, based on use cases, and not just an annotated list of functions accessible from the menu -- would be a valuable and low-cost improvement to your product. Beyond that, if your company decided to put some time and money into your software, you could have a very good bare-bones alternative to Quicken, which is all that many of us need. 
    Thanks for your reply.
    Tom Johnston 

On Thursday, August 12, 2021, 02:18:08 PM EDT, Maddy <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv1382494623 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1382494623 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ethan on 15 Aug, 2021 08:24 PM

Hi Tom,

In case you haven't found it yet, you can find detailed information on almost every aspect of the program on our online knowledge base: https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/kb. We used to have a huge PDF user guide, but have found it is much more effective to keep short and up to date articles online, which is much more common for how people access information nowadays.

Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. This varies from bank to bank, and it's not practical for us to be able to provide detailed instructions on how to do this for the thousands of financial institutions that exist. That being said, based on user feedback, we have gathered some of this information for some of the largest banks, some of which allow their customers to active these systems online. Maddy was able to provide you with such a link for Wells Fargo in her last message. I'm not quite sure what other information we can be expected to provide. Whether you have confidence or not that the process will work or not is of course up to you. All I can say is that we have many customers who use Wells Fargo who have gone through this set up process successfully.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

7. System closed this discussion on 14 Nov, 2021 08:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac