How do I get the categorization tool to show up in the right sidebar for downloaded transactions

dean

28 Aug, 2021 07:47 PM

I just downloaded transactions for an account in csv format and imported them into that accounts register in MD. Now I'd like to categorize them with MD's categorization helper tool, but I can't get it to appear. How do I do that?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 30 Aug, 2021 07:37 AM

Hi Dean,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered.

When you import your transactions, you should see a solid blue dot that represents the transactions are 'unconfirmed'. Selecting an unconfirmed transaction will display the confirmation panel on the right of the account register.

If you don't see the blue dot, you may have imported your transactions incorrectly.
    Did you use the 'Text File Importer' extension to import your CSV file?
    If so, I'd recommend you delete the recently imported transactions, then attempt to import them again using File > Import. Using the Import option within the File menu will ensure your transactions import as unconfirmed.

If this doesn't help, can you let me know which version and build of Moneydance you're running? To check, open Moneydance and select Help > About Moneydance (or Moneydance > About Moneydance on a Mac) where the version and build number will be displayed.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by dean on 06 Sep, 2021 10:02 PM

Yes, that worked, thanks. I used the text file importer, because it is a
    text file.

3. Maddy closed this discussion on 08 Sep, 2021 01:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac