Credit Card Transaction Download "Account Not Found" Error Code 2003

mrbmercb

23 Sep, 2021 07:06 AM

I have manually downloaded QFX data from my bank for years and imported it into Moneydance because of the error stated in the subject. I now have a new credit card number for this account and would like to have data for this card flow into the existing account via Online -> Download All Accounts.

For the new credit card number, can I accomplish my objective by going to Account > Edit account and changing the 'Card Number' field to reflect the new account number then re-running the 'Set Up Online Banking' routine?"

Historically, the bank said the credit card error is not because of them. I found a Jun 09, 2010 note in Moneydance support that says "It sounds like your bank is sending all of it's data, including credit card downloads, as bank information. The only way to work around this is to set up your credit card with that bank as a bank account in Moneydance." "you need to create it as a bank (checking or savings) account and not a credit card account. If you do that, you should be able to select your credit card when you set up online banking on it as a bank account." Then another note dated Jun 15, 2010 says "the next release of Moneydance will include the ability to link credit card accounts downloads to bank accounts (and visa versa).

I don't see a way in Moneydance to link credit card account downloads to bank accounts.

If I classify the credit card account as a "bank account", will that fix the "Account Not Found" error?

Regards,
Byron

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 23 Sep, 2021 11:32 AM

Hi Byron,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Which version and build of Moneydance are you using?
    To check, open Moneydance and select Help --> About Moneydance, where the version and build number will be displayed.

Can you let me know which operating system you're running on your computer/s?

Which bank are you trying to connect with?

Generally, you should try to recreate the connection with your bank. You will need to disable your current connection and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Select your bank account in Moneydance

2. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking
    3. Click the "Disable" button. If you don't see this button, just close the window.

4. Repeat the previous steps for any additional accounts at the same institution.
    5. Select Online --> Setup Online Banking (again)

6. Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK
    7. Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

Make sure you pick "New Connection", even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the long list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let us know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection and we'll troubleshoot further.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by mrbmercb on 24 Sep, 2021 04:04 AM

Hi Maddy,

Thanks for contacting me.

Moneydance version 0s 2021.1; build 3069. Operating system is Windows 10 Home, version 20H2, build 19042.1237. Bank is US Bank.

I've done the setup steps 1-6. I'm getting a "Signon invalid" message right now as I enter my User ID and current password. So, I need to talk to my bank in the morning. Then I'll contact you afterwards.

Thanks,
    Byron

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 27 Sep, 2021 08:11 AM

Hi Byron,

Sorry to hear the problems persist.

If you are seeing a "signon invalid" error message, this likely means you're using the wrong login credentials when you try to connect with your bank.

Have you previously contacted the bank to enable Direct Connect access?
    Most banks require that you contact them to enable Direct Connect before you can download your data from within Moneydance.

I believe that US Bank charges a small monthly fee when Direct Connect services are enabled. If you haven't seen this monthly charge, it's likely Direct Connect services haven't been set up correctly at the banks end.

When you enable Direct Connect, you'll be given the login credentials you need to connect. Generally, these login details differ from those used for other services like ATM or online banking.

It's very important you enable "Direct Connect", as your bank uses other connection methods that Moneydance does not support, called Web Connect and Express Web Connect.

Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol for Direct Connect as Quicken, but frequently bank representatives do not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance. Calling your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started -

"Please enable Direct Connect on my account so that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect to this service."

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by mrbmercb on 28 Sep, 2021 06:51 PM

Hi Jenny,

I am paying a monthly fee to the bank for the "Quicken connection." With Moneydance, I can do Online -> Download All Transactions and receive checking and saving transactions for all those accounts.

What fails is the connection for credit card transactions. I receive:

Online Error
         There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below:
         Bank Name: US Bank (U.S. Bank - PFM Direct Connect)
         The error code reported by the server was: 2003
         ACCOUNT NOT FOUND

In Moneydance's online knowledge base / Customer Support June 09, 2010 09:49 AM Jessica Little indicated that a user might have to "...set up your credit card with that bank as a bank account in Moneydance." Further, at 01:47 PM that date, she said "When you create your credit card account in Moneydance, you need to create it as a bank (checking or savings) account and not a credit card account. If you do that, you should be able to select your credit card when you set up online banking on it as a bank account." Then she indicated on June 15, 2010 05:45 AM "I talked to Sean about this again, and he agreed that it's a problem. Therefore, the next release of Moneydance will include the ability to link credit card accounts downloads to bank accounts (and visa versa). In the meantime, let me know if the workaround above doesn't work for some reason."

The bank indicates that their Direct Connect supplies the credit card transactions in the same way as for checking and savings; that I should be able to retrieve the credit card data just as I do for my other accounts.

Also, I don't see any Moneydance feature described as "the ability to link credit card accounts for downloads to bank accounts".

Hopefully, this feedback will help us diagnose the problem. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Byron

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 28 Sep, 2021 09:25 PM

just a user.

2003 error indicates you ARE connecting. Just the account number you are entering does not match anything they have "on file".

I encountered this (as did many others) with USAA. May I suggest not putting in the account number that you know is correct, and allow US Bank to populate the credit card field instead? (i.e. give you a list of accounts to choose from) You may find them suggesting an aggregate number (i.e. a parent number) instead of your actual card number.

Hope that helps.

6. 6 Posted by mrbmercb on 29 Sep, 2021 01:21 AM

Hi dtd. I tried leaving out the account number to see if the bank would populate a list. Unfortunately, they did not return anything to choose from. I agree with your indication that MD IS connecting with the bank and that it seems to be an identifier problem. Thanks for your suggestion!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac