Moneydance+

Dan P

29 Sep, 2021 04:59 PM

Well, I am disappointed on the subscription for Moneydance+. But I decided to give it a try.
So far it doesn't seem to work.
After registering, nothing happened when I tried to sync accounts.
Closed the app and restarted and it did.
Then I tried synching accounts. After selecting the FI and doing the validation, it responds from Plaid that it is synched.
However I see no ability to download. Ctrl-D doesn't work.
Restarting app didn't help.
What am I doing wrong?

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Oct, 2021 05:36 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

Me too. I also got two entries… Sean needs to add a way to remove and delink entries.

2. 32 Posted by Roger Rice on 02 Oct, 2021 05:39 PM

Same here. I have four unique + accounts but MD+ thinks I have 6 (two accounts are duplicated, two are not). My discover card is not duplicated.

3. 33 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Oct, 2021 06:32 PM

UPDATE.. I just got my AMEX working. I found out that the last download date for AMEX was future dated.. So I used (my most excellent) Toolbox to edit the last download date to a few days ago, and it downloaded using MD+/Plaid!!

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

4. 34 Posted by avp2 on 03 Oct, 2021 03:23 PM

Found an account that does not work with +, Elan Financial credit card access. Things appear to work during + setup, but no + entry appears in matching window. I can logon and download transactions manually via the built-in browser. I suspect the problem may be the fact that Elan's website never remembers my "device", so the log on script always asks a security question answer and that is cycled randomly. When I do log on with the internal browser, I also always get and "internal error" message, but account access (via menu) always works anyway.

I also now get a mostly blank comm error window, with an accompanying matching-window popup that I can not clear - there does not seem to be a delete online connection for + accounts like there is for OFX.

Console log attached.

5. 35 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 03 Oct, 2021 03:52 PM

... the delete MD+ accounts and de-register is a missing feature that's been requested... Even if you technically delete the profile, then MD will recreate it... So we need Sean to build this feature....

6. 36 Posted by Roger Rice on 03 Oct, 2021 03:56 PM

Elan worked for a while for me. Maybe 3-5 downloads. Then it disappeared from the match screen.

7. 37 Posted by avp2 on 04 Oct, 2021 07:12 PM

Elan did finally setup for me today. It works. Although, I did have the problem of having an "online savings" account linked to my Elan account in the "matching" window and I got a bunch of transactions from the online account mixed in with my first Elan download. Got it fixed though.

Suggestions (in case Sean is watching);
    1) Change confusing message on Plaid/+ website "The Plaid Link interface should appear momentarily..." so it tells you the interface is in the matching window of MD. I would hate to tell you how long I waited on the website for it to "appear" before giving up and finally realizing where the interface would show.

2) Add a more identifiable matching window left column name for all the entries. Checking accounts seem to get the last 4 digits which makes them ID'able, but credit cards and savings accounts do not, nor do they have even the name in the account edit window put in by the user.

3) And, as others have noted, please add a delete function for the matching window links. I have 3 extras right now that cause (I think) a series of comm error pop up windows and the matching window when I start the program or a download.

8. 38 Posted by Roger Rice on 04 Oct, 2021 07:37 PM

@avp2, did you do anything repeatable to correct the Elan download or did it just start working on its own?

Mine disappeared from the matching screen and hasn't reappeared at all even though I've added it a couple times through the plaid setup.

9. 39 Posted by avp2 on 11 Oct, 2021 03:01 PM

I thought I replied to this - but maybe in the other MD+ thread. Anyway, it just started working after another setup try. I am now on build 4051 for mac and it is still working. Build 4051 is a big improvement and works fine so far (2 days).

10. 40 Posted by Roger Rice on 11 Oct, 2021 04:04 PM

Things are changing day to day as Sean completes more code. I'm still working pretty well with 4 of my 5 "+" accounts. I'm running 4054.

Elan shows up in the app as "Expired, Please Re-link" but when I go to relink, the plaid website says it's already connected. I'm not sure if it's downloading or not since banks tend not to have new transactions on a Monday morning. I'll know more tomorrow.

11. 41 Posted by Roger Rice on 11 Oct, 2021 04:07 PM

12. 42 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Oct, 2021 04:14 PM

Moneydance 2022 build 4054 (Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:51:00 +0000)
    * Fix issue in which the status/expiration label on a Moneydance+ connection was not cleared after re-linking

4054 should fix this issue?

13. 43 Posted by Roger Rice on 11 Oct, 2021 04:16 PM

Yes, i saw that on the release notes but 4054 did not clear the relink message for me.

14. 44 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 11 Oct, 2021 06:16 PM

Have you clicked the refresh button on the md+ screen in 4054? Wait and try restarting after too.

15. 45 Posted by Roger Rice on 11 Oct, 2021 07:41 PM

@Stuart, no dice with refresh and/or restart.

My first impressions are that certain banks behave differently within plaid. Discover is rock solid and downloads every time. My credit union, Desert Financial, only works when I disable multi-factor authentication. Elan doesn't have MFA, but it does have "ID Shield" questions(e.g.: mothers maiden name, address of your childhood house, etc.).

I don't know enough about how these consolidation vendors work. It seems like the whole process would work better with api access but maybe things aren't that evolved and these services use the same user sites that we do.

Anyhow, elan credentials keep expiring after the first login (for me, at least.)

16. 46 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Oct, 2021 09:59 AM

It's a bug on a bug.... I expect a fix will come out to address the refresh (clear cache) issue...

(not support, just a fellow user)

17. 47 Posted by Roger Rice on 12 Oct, 2021 11:51 AM

I saw your post and the 4055 beta at the same time.

All four our my institutions (and five accounts) show "connected." I made it all the way through a download session with no errors!

I didn't have any new transactions actually download (there were no new ones at my banks today). Fingers crossed that all still works tomorrow when I should have new stuff to download.

Thanks for all the help!

18. 48 Posted by Roger Rice on 13 Oct, 2021 09:00 PM

Yep, had new transactions this morning and they all downloaded. Not one error popped up. Well worth $2 + tax a month!

19. 49 Posted by avp2 on 15 Oct, 2021 04:09 PM

Just installed 4056 for mac. Still some matching window problems. I have 5 Vanguard accounts. All work fine via OFX. All are "active". Three show under "Vanguard" in the matching window. Four show under "OFX, QIF" in the matching window. None are, or ever were, setup for MD+. As far as I can see, there is no difference in the account setups. I also still see two account numbers which I can not find any transactions for, or show in the accounts list, that I have set for "none" in the matching window. My inactive accounts do no longer show in the matching window.

BTW, this is the same as in build 4055. I have not inspected my data file for any of the other changes given in the 4056 change list.

20. 50 Posted by avonderluft on 15 Oct, 2021 08:40 PM

I have tried 3 different accounts. They have all failed.

In Moneydance+ they show up as 'no name' Every attempt to sync, refresh, or reconnect produces this error multiple times:

There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
    Bank Name: Moneydance+
    The error code reported by the server was: 0
    Received malformed response: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/item/get}
    Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response

The console log is full of these:

Got accounts for item k83do7mwjnh3QrjRBKXeskxjXq9L3muRO5Y6e: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Received error from Plaid request: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/accounts/get}
    Unable to parse response body: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response
    at com.plaid.client.PlaidClient.parseError(PlaidClient.java:92)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.plaid.PlaidConnection.checkForSuccess(PlaidConnection.java:523)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.controller.olb.plaid.PlaidConnection.updateAccountList(PlaidConnection.java:670)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController$AccountListUpdater.runTask(MDPlusController.java:437)

at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController$LinkCallbackChecker.runTask(MDPlusController.java:400)
    at com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MDPlusController.asyncPoller(MDPlusController.java:172)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 1 path $
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1562)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1403)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:592)
    at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:424)
    at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:207)
    at retrofit2.converter.gson.GsonResponseBodyConverter.convert(GsonResponseBodyConverter.java:40)
    at retrofit2.converter.gson.GsonResponseBodyConverter.convert(GsonResponseBodyConverter.java:27)
    at com.plaid.client.PlaidClient.parseError(PlaidClient.java:90)
    ... 6 more

21. 51 Posted by Dan P on 15 Oct, 2021 08:45 PM

Which version of Moneydance?
    I think those messages were caused by an older gson.jar

22. 52 Posted by avonderluft on 15 Oct, 2021 08:58 PM

2022.4056. Actually restarting the app seemed to resolve most issues.

23. 53 Posted by derekkent23 on 15 Oct, 2021 09:09 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi avonderluft

If you click on No Name a window should open from which you can select the Moneydance account to which you want to link.

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac