Multiple Logins to Same Institution (Chase) a Problem Again

dtd

12 Oct, 2021 01:40 AM

I don't think you handle multiple logins with the new 2022(4054) release.

I have 4 logins to Chase (mine, spouse, business mine, business spouse) yet you only show one of the logins in the match online accounts screen. They do show up when picking the imported ofx/qfx screen, but it's a miss not to understand multiple logins for a bank.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 01:51 AM

Appears the problem is endemic, as none of my spouse accounts show up for each bank (Chase, Amex, CITI, etc.)

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 01:53 AM

None of these comments have anything to do with MD+, as I am testing as if I will not use it (given Schwab and USAA folding, I probably will), but you need to maintain the direct connect parts well, and improve them.

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 01:54 AM

Maybe even a userid mention if you pile them all into the same bank (i.e. Chase)?
    versus Chase 1, Chase 2, Chase 3, Chase 4....

4. 4 Posted by Dierkdk on 12 Oct, 2021 12:47 PM

....it's a miss not to understand multiple logins for a bank.

Query: Is this a case where you have 4 Different Accounts AND 4 Different logins?

Concern here is a situation (happens to be Chase) where we have 3 Different Accounts but Only 1 Login. Have always done manual ofx downloads from all of our accounts, initiated from each institutions web site, but as that is a process that is clearly disappearing (have already "lost" USAA) am wondering whether MD is able to distinguish between multiple Accounts within a single bank / login...

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Oct, 2021 01:55 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

@dtd... FYI - the 'match online accounts screen' does not show logins. It shows the path from your online account (number) to your MD Account (number).. Thus you will only ever see each unique account listed... The screen itself is almost useless for OFX connections (and Sean is going to make it readonly) as MD is not really using this as the main path to your online accounts.. It will use the old internal way.. It's not really clear if MD is setting these maps up for OFX (but the first time you use MD 4040 onwards, it will actually migrate and populate your old ofx connections into this map).

So, does however you used to setup multiple userIDs still work..?

Perhaps get back to me on email/Slack and we can get this working?

6. 6 Posted by avp2 on 12 Oct, 2021 03:18 PM

I have multiple accounts at the same institution that are still working in MD 2022 (all builds so far). These accounts do have separate user ID's and PW's.

I have noticed that MD's OFX comm program keeps/links same-institution credentials so that if one logon fails (say due to a credential change), subsequent logons at the same institution will also fail. Because of this, you need to fix them in order of access by an MD auto "download on open" or "download all accounts" command or you end up with repeating fails situation.

7. 7 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 09:17 PM

@dierkdk - If you have multiple accounts, but only one login, everything is fine in the new window (we are NOT talking MD+, but the method that has existed before 2022).

I have like 12 accounts scattered among 4 logins for CHASE. MD picks one of the logins as "first", and ONLY displays the accounts associated with that login. The other three logins/accounts do not display.

8. 8 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 09:20 PM

@stuart, i haven't tested the way to set up accounts from before 2022, as it didn't work even then (you've heard me talk about that) and you had to fiddle with each login to finally get it to work, and then you didn't touch it for fear of breaking it again.

i was commenting on the fact that the match online accounts for a bank only lists one login - set of accounts, and ignores the others in the display. I had hoped this new methodology would "fix" the login issue by showing them all, but it only shows one login.

9. 9 Posted by dtd on 12 Oct, 2021 09:22 PM

@avp2 - my careful manipulation of all my CHASE accounts does work in 4054 (I know 4055 is out), but I saw that in the Match Accounts window for CHASE, it only shows accounts associated with one login, which I found problematic.

And yes, your comment on "one login fails" can mess up others to be true. I also find it very hard to make them all work, but once I do, I keep my fingers out of it until I have to fix it again.

10. 10 Posted by Dierkdk on 13 Oct, 2021 12:28 AM

@dtd: If you have multiple accounts, but only one login, everything is fine in the new window (we are NOT talking MD+, but the method that has existed before 2022).

Thanks for the input. As mentioned, I have NOT tried "automatic" downloads, carrying over a preference (from Quicken) to manually download statements from each bank's own website.
    As that option disappears from various institutions, I will have to try a different approach and it is encouraging to hear that that Should be possible.

11. 11 Posted by dtd on 13 Oct, 2021 12:54 AM

You should be able to continue to do manual downloads in 2022... as long as they continue to work. I don't see Chase discontinuing this at this point.

USAA, yes, lost in January, and appears lost again - and as for manual downloads, they only do CSV...

12. 12 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Oct, 2021 09:04 AM

@dtd - is the (latest) usaa fix script working for usaa etc?

13. 13 Posted by dtd on 13 Oct, 2021 06:34 PM

The script works, but it appears that, at least for me, I get a FORBIDDEN response now.
    Don’t know if it is just me or anyone non-Quicken at this point.

Unless by (latest) you mean you’ve changed it recently for some reason.
    This is still on my live data, i.e. 2021.1(3069)

14. 14 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Oct, 2021 08:12 PM

I’ve only made it MD2022 friendly and to populate the match window. It does not change the profile at all. So the forbidden is not related to the latest script.

15. 15 Posted by dtd on 13 Oct, 2021 08:23 PM

Nor did I think it was.

UPDATE: I got USAA to reset my quicken permissions and now i can download again.

16. 16 Posted by Bruce on 15 Oct, 2021 03:14 PM

I have not been able to download from chase (bank one) since early in October. I can log into via the web just fine so issue is in the new 2022 moneydance. I have tried every patch release as well with the same connection failed due to password or user name error.

17. 17 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Oct, 2021 09:29 PM

For anyone watching this, I have written a script that will take a working (or previously working) ofx profile (with at least 1 account linked) and allow you to set it up with multiple userids and logins. (Not usaa tho’).

@dtd ran a good test yesterday on Chase.

If anyone else is willing to try it, shout? (The worst that can really happen is that nothing happens). With Chase it will trigger them to send you authorisation requests to your security centre.

18. 18 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Nov, 2021 06:28 AM

.. PS. This fix/script is now built into Toolbox. Online Banking menu> OFX authentication sub menu > edit multiple userid / passwords.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac