Moneydance+ and Capital One

oberman

14 Oct, 2021 03:04 PM

I get "Connectivity Issues: We're currently experiencing connectivity issues with this bank".

I checked Plaid (which seems to be the service provider), but I don't see any support on their site on what connections are working/not working (and if not working ETA on a fix).

1. 1 Posted by vseaslcm on 15 Oct, 2021 10:56 PM

(just a user) I just signed up for Moneydance+ in order to download Capital One transactions, which does not have OFX support. So, I attempted to register Capital One with Plaid only to see that it is flagged with "Connectivity Down". The displayed information indicates that Plaid is "working to restore the connection". Does anyone know of any way to get more information about the issue? It is rather disappointing to hit a snag on the very first account I tried.

2. 2 Posted by Marcus on 16 Oct, 2021 01:33 PM

I have the same issue. I do however use Acorns which also uses Plaid to connect to my Capital One account and it has been working fine the last few days. Today I was asked to relink my Capital One account to Acorns via Plaid and that worked without a problem. Retried with Moneydance+ and still get the "Connectivity Down" message

3. 3 Posted by Wilfried on 17 Oct, 2021 09:02 PM

Same here. On plaid.com Capital One is listed as an option, but for Moneydance+ it is greyed out with "Connectivity Down".

4. 4 Posted by vseaslcm on 18 Oct, 2021 06:47 PM

Capital One published the following announcement dated June 8, 2021 regarding their data sharing agreement with Plaid. I wonder if they just never got it working?

https://www.capitalone.com/about/newsroom/data-sharing-agreement/

5. 5 Posted by jerry on 20 Oct, 2021 01:14 PM

Count me in as another user who wished MoneyDance+/Paid worked with CapitalOne. I read the news release from CapitalOne regarding data sharing. it would be nice for an update from someone who might tell us what the status is. These pop up from Plaid " "working to restore the connection" doesn't really tell you a whole lot except it is broke. :-)

6. 6 Posted by vbtrader62 on 20 Oct, 2021 01:23 PM

I am in the same boat, having a bunch of accounts with CapitalOne.

7. 7 Posted by Jens on 22 Oct, 2021 10:42 AM

Same here, watching this thread for a resolution. -- Jens

8. 8 Posted by jerry on 23 Oct, 2021 11:49 AM

Anyone from MoneyDance want to comment regarding the issue with MoneyDance+ and Capitol One?

9. 9 Posted by Marcus on 23 Oct, 2021 06:36 PM

I cancelled my subscription because Capital One is the only bank/credit card account that I would need MD+ to download my transactions. What I still find baffling is that through all this last week getting the same error message, it was possible to get my Capital One information through Plaid for other companies (in my case Acorns).

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Sean Reilly on 25 Oct, 2021 08:39 PM

I think this must be related to there being two Capital One entries in Plaid, and the new one is not showing up when Moneydance is trying to connect. I've opened a support ticket with Plaid to ask why we don't seem to be getting access to the second Capital One listing that has a more private authentication mechanism.

Thanks,
    Sean

--
    Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    https://infinitekind.com

11. 11 Posted by vseaslcm on 25 Oct, 2021 11:32 PM

Thanks, Sean! Hopefully, your intervention will lead to a viable MD+ connection to Capital One through Plaid. Fingers crossed.

12. 12 Posted by jerry on 26 Oct, 2021 09:00 AM

Thanks Sean for the update? Do you know when Sam's Club will work. It times out when trying to connect the account to MD+. Yes, my credentials are correct. Just wondering if anyone else has mention this issue.

13. 13 Posted by Jens on 26 Oct, 2021 10:35 AM

Thanks Sean,

I have a few more Plaid issues with financial institutions listed in a private thread (since I don't really want to spill all my details in public) as of Oct 16, which no support staff has commented on so far. Any idea about those?

Thanks,

Jens

14. 14 Posted by Bryan Shumsky on 27 Oct, 2021 07:01 PM

Success! I was just able to link capital one via plaid. For those of you waiting for the fix, I think it might be complete...

15. 15 Posted by Jens on 27 Oct, 2021 10:13 PM

Confirmed, successfully connected to Cap One via Moneydance+. Thanks for sharing, Bryan!

16. 16 Posted by Jens on 31 Oct, 2021 11:32 AM

I have a Cap One transaction, a cashed check I wrote, and the only information that shows up from the download via MD+/Plaid is "N/A" as the description (besides date and amount). That is underwhelming. No other description or memo (like "Check# XXX cashed") or anything.
    MD 2022.2 (4060).

17. 17 Posted by vseaslcm on 31 Oct, 2021 06:51 PM

Glad to hear that MD+ can now connect to Plaid / Capital One. That said, if the only information available in download is transaction date and amount (as reported by Jens), I will wait further until that issue is resolved.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac