MD+ fails refresh account list

nomadwolf

17 Oct, 2021 04:35 PM

I've now tried to connect 2 accounts, Consumers Credit (IL) and Best Buy (citi). In Plaid it connects no problems, but when I refresh the account list in the "Set Up Moneydance+" dialog, it gives me the following "Online Error":

There was an error communicating with your financial institution.  The details of this error are below.
Bank Name: Moneydance+
The error code reported by the server was: 0
Received malformed response: Response{protocol=h2, code=401, message=, url=https://mdplus.infinitekind.com/plaid/link/token/create}
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse error response

Then, in the account list there, both are listed as "no name". It also does not allow me to Re-link or disconnect those accounts.

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 17 Oct, 2021 04:56 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

on the right of the no name is there a status box.. Click it and click re-link or disconnect.. wait then refresh... you may have to relink your accounts when they've disappeared from the list...

2. 2 Posted by nomadwolf on 17 Oct, 2021 09:17 PM

At the time it failed whenever I tried to re-link or disconnect. However, a couple hours later, and everything seems to work just fine. So patience, I suppose

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 17 Oct, 2021 09:51 PM

I'm glad to hear it sounds like it's working. Unfortunately we're seeing varying reports of this kind. Plaid says it's connected, but then returns an error when people actually try to connect through Moneydance, but then works a few hours later. We see this more often on weekends and non-work hours, so maybe it takes a while to fully connect for the first time during non-business hours. We're trying to narrow it down, and perhaps try to update the error messages to make what's happening more clear.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by wrsober on 17 Oct, 2021 11:07 PM

I have the same problem with a Schwab account when trying to relink the no name does not go away. It also does not let me delete the current link.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac