My Credit union BECU has changed their business banking login

uytip777

20 Oct, 2021 02:57 PM

Hello, I have been using Moneydance for a few years and have had no issues with "download all accounts" option for both my personal and my business accounts at BECU. I did have 2 MD files , one for personal and one for business. Recently, BECU did a large update to their business accounts. The main splash page now requires a choice of either personal or business. I recorded the business link which is now a https://business.becu.org address. I changed this address Tools: Accounts: Edit: page and cannot find a way to connect without an error indicating communication and possible server misconfiguration.
Is the HTTPS:// a valid address for moneydance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
And While the BECU business update was happening " down for 4 days" I also happened to upgrade to the latest version of Moneydance!!!
Not the best timing.

1. 1 Posted by uytip777 on 20 Oct, 2021 03:13 PM

I have added the following screenshot error when I try to login

2. 2 Posted by mpanzitta on 01 Nov, 2021 11:35 PM

Following, having the same issue.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 02 Nov, 2021 11:37 AM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?
    Moneydance 2022.2 (4060) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

After running the update you should try recreating the connection with your bank as follow:

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by uytip777 on 02 Nov, 2021 04:37 PM

Hello, Yes I have ver 2022.2 (4060).
    I still receive the error while trying to use the QFX service.
    Here is what I believe may be happening.
    The main portal to BECU now offers a choice of 2 portals. The personal portal (which the web address remains the same https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ ) and the Business portal (which has a new web address https://business.becu.org/becu/uux.aspx#/login ) I believe that when we choose the organization i.e. Boeing employee credit union. There also now needs to be a Boeing employee BUSINESS credit union with the updated address.

I also try to use the advanced setup tab where there are 4 entries needed.
    Name
    Qfx institution org:
    Qfx institution ID
    Qfx correction URL

Name and connection I was able to enter, however I need information on the QFX ORG and the QFX ID where would I get that information?
    I hope this helps you better understand the issue. Help needed please

see attached advanced setup screenshot -- maybe this is not the correct way to resolve this??? please let me know

Thank you

5. 5 Posted by mpanzitta on 25 Nov, 2021 06:01 PM

I spoke to BECU's technical support, and they gave me the BECU Online Business connection parameters:
    OFX Institution ID: 3670
    OFX Connection URL: https://onlinebanking.becu.org/ofx.ofxprocessor.asp

I was unable to connect using these connection parameters and my BECU Online Business credentials. Any thoughts?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jenny on 26 Nov, 2021 08:34 AM

Hi,

You won't be able to connect with BECU using the 'Advanced Setup' option. However, I have just added the new connection to Moneydance. It should be available for you to use later today (24 hours max).

The new connection is called "BECU Online Business".
    Can you try to connect with this new listing and let me know how you get on?

Select your account and choose Online > Set Up Online Banking > Connect to OFX Service. Choose "BECU Online Business" from the list, then follow the prompts to enter your login credentials and specify which account you want to download transactions from.

If you encounter any problems, can you provide details of any error messages or error codes you're seeing?
    If it's easier you can send me a screenshot of any errors. You can read instructions for taking a screenshot here - https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by mpanzitta on 27 Nov, 2021 11:21 PM

Thank you, that resolved the issue! Have a great rest of your Thanksgiving weekend,

-Mike

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jenny on 29 Nov, 2021 08:55 AM

No problem at all Mike - glad to hear that's worked!
    I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

--
    Jenny, Infinite Kind Support

9. Jenny closed this discussion on 29 Nov, 2021 08:55 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac