Repeated error messages in 2022.2 (4060)

David Blackburn

30 Oct, 2021 12:43 PM

I have been using 2022 Moneydance+ for a couple weeks. I updated to 2022.2 (4060) today. I am getting a repeating error message. Each time, I click OK, but the error message pops up again several minutes later. Very annoying. The software is apparently having difficulty connecting to one of my financial institutions. My question: why is the software repeatedly trying to connect to my financial institution? I don't want Moneydance to connect to my financial institutions except once per session. See error message below.

"There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
The error code reported by the server was: 880011
Moneydance+ Connection Needs Relinking
In English, this usually means one of your Moneydance+ connections has expired and needs to be re-linked"

1. 1 Posted by Mark J on 08 Jan, 2022 10:51 PM

Same problem with 2022.3 (4063). This actually makes MD unusable. It happens even when not trying to update accounts--please change this behavior so that the dialog box only appears when trying to connect to the specific bank that fails.
    Thank you!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 09 Jan, 2022 07:09 PM

Hello,

My guess is that you've set up the program to automatically attempt to download transactions in the background. Try opening your preferences, and in the Network tab, uncheck the Automatically Download Transactions in Background option.

However, it sounds like the thing you really need to resolve is this bank connection, otherwise this connection won't work at all, whether automatic or if you manually initialize it. You can reestablish a link to a bank as the error message describes by going to Online -> Set Up Moneydance+ from the menu bar, and for the bank having this issue, you should be able to click on the connect button on the right of its line to reestablish your connection. Different banks have different amounts of time they allow services like Plaid (which Moneydance+ uses) to remain logged in with that service. Most seem to last for months as long as one is occasionally connecting in Moneydance, but we've encountered a few that seem to last less than a week. We unfortunately have no control over this.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by jeremy b on 01 Mar, 2022 12:34 PM

Moneydance+ is continually throwing error 880011 saying an account needs to be re-linked. I attempted to refresh, and to reconnect by connecting more accounts, however, now I have a new connection to that FI as well as the bad connection saying it needs to be relinked.

How can I remove an FI connection from Moneydance+?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 01 Mar, 2022 12:42 PM

Hi Jeremy,
    Please navigate to Extensions->Manage Extensions and install the Toolbox.
    Launch Toolbox and navigate to Toolbox Options (on top left corner) and select -
    Advanced Mode->Yes->Do Back Up Now (recommended). Then, navigate to Menu: Online Banking (OFX) Tools (2nd tab down).
    In the resulting window, under Update Functions you should select :
    Delete OFX Banking Service / Logon profile (remove_one_service.py)

Finally, restart Moneydance and recreate the connection as outlined here if required.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Jeremy Berteele on 01 Mar, 2022 12:51 PM

Thanks Maddy. The connection that is causing the issue is not listed in the
    list in toolbox. I am using Moneydance+ additional service to connect via
    Plaid connection - not the traditional ofx service.

6. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 01 Mar, 2022 01:09 PM

Yup - Toolbox cannot remove a md+ connection.... Only OFX DC connections.

You have to use the Online/Setup MD+ Menu
    On an institution that you want to disconnect, click to the far right, then choose "Disconnect".

You might then have to click refresh a few times.

Mr Toolbox

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 01 Mar, 2022 01:34 PM

In addition to the useful information Stuart sent you in post 6, if you need re-linking an account you should navigate to Online->Setup Moneydance+ menu then click on the row in the table for your bank (not one of the accounts, just the header row) and clicking the rounded button as in the attached screenshot and selecting the "Re-link Connection" entry.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Jeremy Berteele on 01 Mar, 2022 01:46 PM

Thanks Stuart and Maddy - I must have also had something else going on with
    my Mac, I swear I clicked on the expired-relink button tens of times - just
    restarted my mac and MD and now I see the ability to disconnect.

Thank you both - hopefully with this disconnected it stops the constant
    errors.

9. 9 Posted by rlsantella on 05 Mar, 2022 03:40 PM

Moneydance+ is essentially worthless with constant error messages, "Expired; Please Relink", and when attempting to relink after putting in UN & PW, then temporary PIN getting frequent "something went wrong" message from Plaid.
    Moneydance is failing me.

10. 10 Posted by newss on 06 Mar, 2022 06:30 PM

My Chase downloads stopped working so I'm setting up Moneydance+ which isn't working either. I am using the latest version of Moneydance 2022.3 (4067) and I cannot disable the online banking set up for my chase account. If I use the toolbox and delete OFX Banking Service / Logon profile (remove_one_service.py), does that uninstall my ability to use OFX for some accounts? Is it actually deleting the online banking menu for direct download?

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 Mar, 2022 07:02 PM

All that Toolbox option does, is delete the logon profile you select, and de-link it from the accounts it's linked to. It does not affect anything else. It does NOT change MD menus or functionality. You can recreate the same OFX connection at any time again afterwards.

I think you are asking if you can delete the OFX profile you have created for Chase and then setup MD+ (for Chase)... So, yes....

Mr Toolbox...

12. 12 Posted by newss on 06 Mar, 2022 09:36 PM

Thanks very much Stuart!

13. System closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2022 09:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac