Moneydance+ and Eastern Bank of Massachusetts

jonathan

31 Oct, 2021 06:42 PM

I have set up Moneydance+ and it is working very well with all but one of my accounts, Eastern Bank. Eastern is listed but each time I attempt to set up a Plaid connection, I get to the last step and get back an error message: "Something went wrong. You can try again later or try another bank." I have tried different browsers and at different times of day but nothing has worked.

Fortunately, the OFX connection is still working so I reset it when the Plaid connection would not work.

I have set up numerous other accounts with + without issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 01 Nov, 2021 02:14 PM

Hi Jonathan,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Can you try upgrading to the latest preview version, as this should hopefully fix the problem for you?
    Moneydance 2022.1 (4060) is now available to download from this page.

After running the update you can either try refreshing the connection or recreating it as outlined here.

You may also want to try this: select the Account->Edit menu and remove the URL from the account information? After that, the download button should retrieve your transactions through Moneydance+

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by jonathan on 04 Nov, 2021 06:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I was already on Build 4060. I tried again, on two browsers. I can select my bank. Enter it. Get a screen for a verification code. Receive that. It processes and then returns an error message (attached).
    Any other suggestions? I still have the old OFX download operating for Eastern.

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 04 Nov, 2021 08:16 PM

just a user - if it is working in OFX and not in Plaid, I personally would just stick with that. MD isn't pulling OFX, basically there are now two ways to get downloads, and both OFX and Plaid have some banks that just don't work right.

I'm personally waiting for Schwab investment accounts to work, as most of my accounts support OFX. When I do move to MD+ (wasn't even planning to do so till Schwab stopped working with MD) I will move to Plaid on the ones that don't work, and leave the working OFX ones alone. That's my solution - your mileage may vary.

4. 4 Posted by jonathan on 10 Nov, 2021 03:43 PM

Thanks dtd. As I couldn't get Plaid to work with Eastern, I was temporarily doing what you advise. I think I will just take a deep breath and keep this system as long as it works. Appreciate your taking the time to share your thinking!

5. System closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2022 03:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 May, 2022 02:00 AM
27 May, 2022 01:44 AM
27 May, 2022 12:50 AM