Moneydancce+ stopped working

John Russell

01 Nov, 2021 07:05 PM

Downloading transactions with Charles Schwab stopped working in October, so I got the 2020 version of moneydance and signed up for moneydance+. It worked for maybe a week and and now it has stopped, I get multiple errors including MFA_NOT_SUPPORTED. My version is 2022.1 (4058). I am attaching some screenshots.

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 01 Nov, 2021 11:03 PM

just a user -

no screenshots attached.

Also, upgrade to 2022.1 (4060) although i don't think your problem is due to that, but 4060 is the current stable release.

MFA is multi factor authorization - (you may know that). Having it work for a while, then not is something I can't comment upon, yet.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 02 Nov, 2021 11:12 AM

Hi John,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Which account type are you wishing to connect?

Please note: At this time, Moneydance+ does not support any investment accounts. We are working with Plaid (the third-party aggregator that our Moneydance+ service uses) to enable this, but we can't speculate on when that will be released.

Unfortunately, Schwab OFX (Direct Connect) downloads are no longer available. Schwab has disconnected this service without a replacement. We are working to restore a connection through Moneydance+ which was recommended by Schwab as the only way forward due to security concerns on their side. Using Moneydance+ in Moneydance 2022 you can download banking transactions from Schwab accounts, but investment accounts are not yet accessible.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by John Russell on 02 Nov, 2021 11:25 AM

Hi Maddy,

I am completely fine with just getting my checking and savings
    transaction downloads working again in Moneydance.

I did change my two-step verification on the Schwab site to "only
    untrusted devices" which did get transactions downloading with
    moneydance + for a while but they later stopped.

Thanks
    John

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maddy on 02 Nov, 2021 11:39 AM

Have you tried upgrading to the latest preview version? This versions includes some fixes that might help solving the problem for you.

Moneydance 2022.2 (4060) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

Please keep us posted on your progress, Thank you!

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac