Help with download settings

TM

06 Nov, 2021 04:04 PM

I recently replaced the card that was the primary number of a credit card account that I have been downloading to money dance automatically for years. When I went to download, it indicated "error" and stated account not found. I went into the account and edited it to show current card, and I filled in the correct cite for the card. But, It's still showing error?

Help?

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 06 Nov, 2021 04:09 PM

Stuart Beesley - JUST A FELLOW USER and Toolbox ‘guy’'s Avatar

You need to re-run Online setup.....

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ethan on 07 Nov, 2021 10:16 PM

Hello,

You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Open your bank account register by clicking on it in the left sidebar in Moneydance
    2) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar
    3) Click the Disable button. If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.
    4) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar (again)
    5) Click the New Connection button and select your bank from the list of available institutions that pops up. Hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts from this bank

Make sure you pick the New Connection button, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank in this way will force Moneydance to reset the connection information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 Jan, 2022 12:53 AM
24 Jan, 2022 12:15 AM
23 Jan, 2022 09:39 PM