Bug report: Online banking silently takes precedence over Moneydance+

Jeff

09 Nov, 2021 11:48 PM

I have a Discover credit card.

• At some point in the past, they supported direct OFX connections, and I had connected my Discover account in Moneydance to Discover with the old online banking tool.
  • At some point in the more recent past (https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/online-banking/14291...), Discover stopped supporting direct OFX connections entirely, so I switched to downloading my statements online and importing them manually.
  • With Moneydance+ coming out, I connected my Discover account in Moneydance to Discover through Plaid. This month, I realized that none of my transactions had been getting automatically downloaded to my Discover account in Moneydance
  • I opened a bug report with Plaid, and they were able to confirm that the transactions were in their system

Apparently, I never cleared out the old online banking set up. In the Online > Set Up Online Banking menu, I still had an option to disable the old direct OFX connection that stopped working a while ago. I clicked that button, and suddenly the Moneydance+ connection started working again.

It looks like the Online Banking connection was being used instead of the Moneydance+ connection. That's pretty surprising behavior to me (I thought there was a bug in plaid's system).

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 10 Nov, 2021 12:02 AM

just a user

OFX setups override MD+
    If you have both, OFX wins.
    As you say, you have to disable the old OFX connection for an account you want to work with MD+.

Great message as it indeed describes the process you need to take.

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 10 Nov, 2021 12:08 AM

I'm a fellow user.

It has been mentioned a number of times in the forums but it does not hurt restating.

If you have configured both Online Banking (OFX Direct Connect) and Moneydance+ then Direct Connect will always take precedence and Moneydance+ will never be used - even if Direct Connect should error. In other words out of the two methods Direct Connect is the default.

If you wish to use Moneydance+ then any Direct Connect configuration must be removed for that connection.

The Download button has a default use list as well:

Use Direct Connect if configured, if not configured use Moneydance+, it Moneydance+ is not configured and there is a URL in the Bank info start the Internal Browser, otherwise do nothing.

3. System closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2022 12:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac