Schwab OFX Downloads

Roger Hayne

10 Nov, 2021 10:34 PM

I just noticed my Schwab accounts are no longer downloading to MoneyDance (Ver 2022.2 (4060)), while it had worked in the past, at least through 9/30/2021. I tried to "refresh" the account settings by Online -> Set Up Online Banking and then pushing the "Change" button. In doing so Charles Schwab & Company, Inc. no longer shows on the list of institutions MoneyDance supports for OFX transfer.

Am I missing something here?

1. 1 Posted by dtd on 11 Nov, 2021 02:30 AM

just a user

Schwab shut down OFX downloads to Moneydance on October 1, 2021.

It does not appear as if Schwab will reinstate them.

Moneydance+ is being put out as a possible solution for a small monthly charge (as they are working with Plaid), but although Schwab banking works, no investment accounts work, as yet.

There are multiple discussions on this in this forum.

2. 2 Posted by Roger Hayne on 11 Nov, 2021 02:41 AM

Thanks. Makes sense.Roger M. Hayne,Sent via [email blocked]
    -------- Original message --------From: dtd <[email blocked]> Date: 11/10/21 6:30 PM (GMT-08:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Schwab OFX Downloads [Online Banking #20404]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 11 Nov, 2021 11:12 AM

Hi Roger,

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers. To add to this useful information I thought it's worth mentioning that you are entitled to a free upgrade to Moneydance 2022.2 (4060).

You would need to download and install this version to be able to subscribe and use Moneydance +.

Finally, at this time, Moneydance+ does not support investment accounts (from any Financial Institution). We are working with Plaid (the third-party aggregator that our Moneydance+ service uses) to enable this, but we can't speculate on when that will be released.

Unfortunately, Schwab OFX (Direct Connect) downloads are no longer available. Schwab has disconnected this service without a replacement. We are working to restore a connection through Moneydance+ which was recommended by Schwab as the only way forward due to security concerns on their side. Using Moneydance+ in MD2022 you can download banking transactions from Schwab accounts, but investment accounts are not yet accessible.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Roger Hayne on 11 Nov, 2021 03:23 PM

Thanks Maddy. I appreciate the effort.Roger M. Hayne,Sent via [email blocked]
    -------- Original message --------From: Maddy <[email blocked]> Date: 11/11/21 3:13 AM (GMT-08:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: Schwab OFX Downloads [Online Banking #20404]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 11 Nov, 2021 03:36 PM

You are welcome, Roger!
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

--

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 11 Nov, 2021 03:36 PM.

7. rmhayne re-opened this discussion on 08 Dec, 2021 10:10 PM

8. 6 Posted by rmhayne on 08 Dec, 2021 10:10 PM

Maddy

Opening a related discussion.

I’ve given up on OFX and decided to subscribe to Moneydance+ and wanted to start bringing my accounts into the app. I was able to set up a Plaid account and billing, that’s all OK. Now when I try to link my Union Bank (unionbank.com) accounts the Infinite Kind, Plaid web page says connection was successful,

but when I go to Money Dance and Online -> Setup Moneydance+ I see several accounts with name “no name”

I tried to refresh the accounts ad get the following error pop-up:

Any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong??

Thanks,

Roger M. Hayne

[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>

9. 7 Posted by Roger Hayne on 08 Dec, 2021 10:17 PM

Just shut down and restarted Moneydance and problem disappeared. Sorry to bother you.

Roger M. Hayne

Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 2:11 PM
    To: '[email blocked]' <[email blocked]>
    Subject: RE: Schwab OFX Downloads [Online Banking #20404]

Maddy

Opening a related discussion.

I’ve given up on OFX and decided to subscribe to Moneydance+ and wanted to start bringing my accounts into the app. I was able to set up a Plaid account and billing, that’s all OK. Now when I try to link my Union Bank (unionbank.com) accounts the Infinite Kind, Plaid web page says connection was successful,

but when I go to Money Dance and Online -> Setup Moneydance+ I see several accounts with name “no name”

I tried to refresh the accounts ad get the following error pop-up:

Any suggestions as to what I’m doing wrong??

Thanks,

Roger M. Hayne

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maddy on 09 Dec, 2021 09:33 AM

Not at all, Roger! I'm very pleased to hear that Moneydance + seems to be working as expected for you.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We would like to take the opportunity to wish you a lovely festive period!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--

11. Maddy closed this discussion on 09 Dec, 2021 09:33 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac