MD+ transactions not merging automatically

Jason

01 Dec, 2021 06:14 AM

I am noticing that my MD+ transactions are not merging automatically with existing ones (for Amex CA, at least.)

In preferences, I have the settings enabled as per the screenshot. Is there something else I am missing?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 01 Dec, 2021 12:36 PM

Hi Jason,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Upgrading to the latest preview version should hopefully fix the problem for you.

Moneydance 2022.3 (4062) is now available to download from this page.

For a full list of improvements in the preview version, please refer to this page.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jason on 01 Dec, 2021 03:33 PM

@Maddy thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned that I am already on 2022.3 (4062) build as I saw it had fixes for this, but it did not work for me.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 01 Dec, 2021 04:34 PM

Would you be able to send us a copy of your Moneydance error logs, the logs should include information on what might be causing the issue.

They are saved on your computer as an errlog.txt file. You need to navigate to: Local Disk(C:)>Users>Your Name>.moneydance

Finally you can copy the full content into your next reply here.

Thank you

--

4. 4 Posted by Jason on 01 Dec, 2021 07:54 PM

Sure, here it is attached!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 06 Dec, 2021 10:14 AM

Thank you for the additional information, Jason!

We've released a new preview version, could you try downloading and installing Moneydance 2022.3 (4063) from this page.

Then, if the problem persists, could you send us the content of your console again? Could you ensure you have the console window open while trying a download?
    You should follow the steps below:
    1)  In Moneydance, click on the Help menu and select the Console Window option.  This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to download your data again.  Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

Thank you

--

6. 6 Posted by Jason on 08 Dec, 2021 05:29 AM

Thanks, I have updated to 4063 and have been monitoring the few transactions I have trickle in. So far it seems to be working but I'll watch it for a few more days to confirm.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Maddy on 08 Dec, 2021 10:24 AM

Thank you for letting us know, Jason!

I'll keep this thread open for the time being, then.

--

8. 8 Posted by Jason on 13 Dec, 2021 02:38 PM

It looks like MD+ transactions are now merging like I expect them to. Thanks for the quick fix/update!

9. Jason closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2021 02:38 PM.

10. Maddy re-opened this discussion on 13 Dec, 2021 02:42 PM

11. Support Staff 9 Posted by Maddy on 13 Dec, 2021 02:42 PM

You are welcome, Jason!

I'm very pleased to hear that.
    I'll close this discussion for now, but do not hesitate to contact us again, if you need further assistance.

We wish you a lovely festive period!

--

12. Maddy closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2021 02:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac