Questions

Virginia Shames

30 Jan, 2016 03:26 AM

I have a new credit card to replace one that had fraudulent activity and I am trying to download new activity, but don't recall how I did it originally. Also, I have Moneydance version 2014.4 (967). How do I upgrade to 2015? Do I purchase it again for $49.99?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 30 Jan, 2016 03:33 AM

It sounds like you may have been using direct Connect, the instructions for online banking can be found at:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking/setting-up-online-ba...

Existing users qualify for a discounted upgrade (50%), enter your existing key in the upgrade field on the page:

http://infinitekind.com/purchase

2. 2 Posted by Virginia Shames on 30 Jan, 2016 03:54 AM

The instructions are for setting up my bank for the first time and it has been set up already because I have other credit cards at the same bank. I don’t want to set up a new account because It’s the same credit card with the same transactions, but a different card number. So I just change the name on the left hand column, everything else remains the same. I somehow need to connect the account to the bank. I think I’ve done it before but can’t remember how I did it.

Also, if I purchase the upgrade, does all the information automatically transfers to the new Moneydance?
    Virginia Shames
    [email blocked]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 30 Jan, 2016 02:18 PM

Hello Virginia,

Yes, your information will transfer to the new version. At worst, you will need to remind Moneydance where your data file is located by using the open other option from the Moneydance welcome screen or the menu bar (File -> Open -> Open Other) to select your yourfilename.moneydance data set.

The instructions are the same for setting up a new account or modifying and existing one. I'm assuming though that this account has stopped working when you were given a new card number? I ask because simply changing the card number won't necessarily change anything in your log in information to connect to your bank. When you try to use your existing connection, it sounds like you are getting an error message?

If so, here's how to reset a connection with more detail:

1) Open your credit card account register by clicking on it in the left sidebar in Moneydance
    2) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar
    3) Click the Disable button. If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.
    4) Select Online->Setup Online Banking from the menu bar (again)
    5) Click the New Connection button and select your bank from the list of available institutions that pops up. Hit OK
    6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password
    7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts from this bank

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by Virginia Shames on 30 Jan, 2016 07:11 PM

It works! OK, now I want to upgrade to MD 2015. My current version is 2014.4 (967). I think I have the original license key somewhere and I can download for 50% off. Once I download and open it, will it automatically transfer my info to the new version? I don’t want to lose any of my accounts.
    Virginia Shames
    [email blocked]

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ethan on 30 Jan, 2016 07:58 PM

Hello Virginia,

That's great to hear!

To determine whether you are entitled to a free upgrade or to confirm your license for a discounted upgrade, submit your license key using the following form:

http://infinitekind.com/purchase

If you don't know your license key you can see it by running Moneydance and selecting Help->About Moneydance (or Moneydance->About Moneydance on a Mac), or by using the 'Lost Key' tool on the purchase page.

Moneydance should find your data automatically and convert it to the new 2015 file format. However, if this doesn't happen on it's own, you'll probably just need to remind the program where your data is stored. If that happens, use the open other option from the Moneydance welcome screen or the menu bar (File -> Open -> Open Other) to select your yourfilename.moneydance data set.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

6. System closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2016 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac