chase accounts

JD Gates

10 Feb, 2022 07:57 PM

I upgraded to 2022 edition because I have not been able to download my Chase credit card account since May of 2021 but my other accounts would download. Now that I have upgraded none of my Chase accounts will download into moneydance.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 10 Feb, 2022 09:07 PM

Hi JD Gates,

I'm a Chase Visa client (Personal, not Business. Business requires a monthly fee from Chase).

I can confirm that direct-connect to Chase does indeed work.

Can you confirm that you've authorized your account(s) for desktop software via the Chase website?

Were you asked to verify your identity via the Chase secure message center?

Do you receive any error message(s) from Moneydance when you try to connect to Chase?

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by JD Gates on 11 Feb, 2022 12:12 AM

Kevin N. yes confirmed that I authorized all my account for desktop software
    No I was not asked to verify my identity via the chase secure message center
    The Moneydance error message said the chase did not recognize my id or pin

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 11 Feb, 2022 02:18 AM

Hi JD Gates,

chase did not recognize my id or pin

Are you using a 'pin' or a 'password'?
    For our two Chase accounts, the wife and I both use 'passwords'.

About the only thing I can offer is...

A) Maybe try creating a new data file and setting up a temporary Chase account there to see if it works with your existing user ID and password. If it does work there, then that would point to a connection problem with your current data file.

B) You may actually need to change your password.

Short of that, I will have to yield to the Moneydance support staff to help you further.

Safe computing 101 dictates that you make sure to have backups of your data before making any changes.

Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

4. 4 Posted by James on 11 Feb, 2022 05:55 AM

Thanks Kevin I do use passwords but the error message says pin. I’ll try out creating a new data file. Thanks much for your help

Sent from my iPhone

5. 5 Posted by jason winston on 17 Feb, 2022 05:16 PM

I also cannot download from Chase but other banks work.

6. 6 Posted by James Gates on 18 Feb, 2022 01:06 AM

Wish I could help not having any luck yet

7. 7 Posted by dtd on 18 Feb, 2022 01:57 AM

just a user - I can also verify that Chase personal credit cards can download into Moneydance (I have about 8 credit cards with chase).

It appears your issue (I cannot comment on @jason winston without more info) is unrecognized id/password. That suggests the "handshake" between moneydance/chase isn't happening.

As Kevin N said, this suggests that Chase isn't accepting your attempts, which, even though you say that Chase has validated you and such - that you probably aren't validated. I suggest that you check again with a message through the secure message link with a request that you get approved for "Quicken" - that they recognize and understand.

But I can say with some confidence that this is NOT a Moneydance issue, as many users of MD can download their chase credit cards daily.

One question - did your chase credit card STOP downloading in May 2021, or has it never downloaded (i.e. maybe you got MD in May 2021)?

8. System closed this discussion on 20 May, 2022 02:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac