Royal Bank accounts

Dr MacLeod

02 Feb, 2016 07:33 PM

I am told by a Royal Bank employee Cammell #16277 that their on-line service cannot download onto my Moneydance software and that I will have to make all entries for the past six months from my credit card and current a/c manually, Is that correct?

1. 1 Posted by Dr MacLeod on 02 Feb, 2016 07:34 PM

Please answer my original question

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 02 Feb, 2016 09:40 PM

These are forum systems not chat systems hence replies will be more email like in their response times.

If your Bank supports Direct Connect then it can work with Moneydance directly. If your bank only supports Web Connect then it cannot work directly, Web Connect is a Quicken developed method.

Most banks only talk about Quicken software if they talk about anything at all since that is the best known of the software packages.

However is most cases banks also provide the functionality to download transaction files in formats like QIF, OFX, QFX all of these will import into Moneydance, what period these files are available for is totally under the bank's control.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 03 Feb, 2016 11:32 AM

Hi Dr MacLeod,

You can view a list of our supported financial institutions here - http://infinitekind.com/fi If your bank is listed, you can set up online banking with these banks within Online --> Set Up Online Banking. Then select 'New Connection' and choose your financial institution from the list.

If your bank isn't listed, then the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 04 May, 2016 11:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac