Error message when downloading from Chase

jjkatz

04 Feb, 2016 11:14 PM

For several days I have been getting the error below when trying to download transactions from Chase bank. My account information has not changed. I'm not aware of any changes on the Chase side. Are you aware of any issues or changes? I've tried stepping back through the process of setting up online banking for this account and I got the same error.

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Feb, 2016 11:22 PM

Hi jjkatz,

Take a look at the following post from Moneydance Support Staffer Ian:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/2176-chase-...

-Kevin N.

2. 2 Posted by jjkatz on 04 Feb, 2016 11:27 PM

Hi Kevin:

I did try that. I disabled online access and when I tried to re-enable it I got the same error. I see this is happening with a lot of users. For me it started three days ago. Chase is pretty good about notifying customers if anything is down or changing at their end, and I haven't received any such notification. I also don't know whether users of software other than Moneydance are having this issue.

I'm able to log into my Chase account with my web browser and manually download the data into Moneydance.

Thanks,

Josh

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 04 Feb, 2016 11:43 PM

Hi Josh,

I can't speak for Chase Banking clients, but Chase Credit Card clients, myself included, have been experiencing connection issues with Chase for a month or more. It seemed like Chase was requiring separate ClienUID's for each account wherein they used to only require one ClientUID for all accounts.

Ian @ MD support, fixed the issue in a release of MD 2015. I'm still a hanger-on to MD 2011 though. I do run a version of MD 2015 for testing and it does indeed connect to the Chase Credit Card server without incident.

If you're using MD 2015 and you downloaded it from the I.K website as opposed to the Apple store or Amazon then you can try the latest preview build and see if it resolves the issue for you. You can d/l it here:
    http://infinitekind.com/preview

If you're not using MD 2015, don't install MD 2015 without understanding that it is not a trivial task to revert back to an earlier version due to dramatic changes to the file format of MD 2015.

-Kevin N.

4. 4 Posted by jjkatz on 04 Feb, 2016 11:55 PM

On Thursday, February 4, 2016, -Kevin N. <[email blocked]>
    wrote:
    Hi Kevin. I am using MD 2015 on a Mac. I'd prefer not to have to install a
    beta. Also, manually downloading apparently loaded transactions going back
    to 2014. Rather than spend hours sorting out the duplicates, how can I
    restore a backup from yesterday?

Thanks,

Josh

5. 5 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Feb, 2016 12:43 AM

Hi Josh,

If you're using build 1299 of MD 2015 then there should be an automatic backup created each day for the number of days selected in Preferences.

I don't know what the default location for creating backups is on a Mac.

If you're using a build of MD earlier than 1299, you'll likely need to use your OS'es backup program to restore the data set.

Perhaps MD support or another Mac user can guide you through the steps. I'm Mac illiterate.

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

-Kevin N.

6. 6 Posted by jjkatz on 05 Feb, 2016 01:09 AM

I'm using version 1225. I found the backup location and it doesn't look like the file has been backed up since May, 2015! So now it looks like I have three issues. I can open a separate thread for the data not being backed up.

7. 7 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Feb, 2016 02:08 AM

Hi Josh,

Per the change log
    http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2015/moneydance-2015-pre...
    the release of build 1299 reinstated auto backups. 1225 wouldn't have had it.

Were the manually imported txns from Chase given the blue dot designation? If so, it may serve you better to just go ahead and delete all of the blue dot txns. You should be able to segregate them from the other txns by applying the Unconfirmed filter.

-Kevin N.

8. 8 Posted by jjkatz on 05 Feb, 2016 03:47 AM

Hi Kevin:

Thanks for your help. The heads-up about version 1299 did the trick. I updated my software and now I can get into Chase again.

Josh

9. 9 Posted by jjkatz on 05 Feb, 2016 06:00 AM

Thanks, Kevin; that’s pretty much what I did. Also, some deposits were recorded in the register as withdrawals. I had to manually correct those. I seem to remember that issue coming up a couple of years ago with manually downloaded transactions; I guess it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Josh

10. 10 Posted by David Hanley on 05 Feb, 2016 02:32 PM

Josh,

Glad to hear the update solved your connection issue. Please feel free to let us know if the connection goes awry again, or if you have any other issues!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

11. David Hanley closed this discussion on 05 Feb, 2016 02:32 PM.

12. jjkatz re-opened this discussion on 05 Feb, 2016 05:47 PM

13. 11 Posted by jjkatz on 05 Feb, 2016 05:47 PM

Thanks; I’d like to offer a suggestion for a product enhancement — I only learned that there was an update available after submitting this incident. Can Moneydance be set up to check for and download updates automatically? If that had happened I might not have had this issue at all.

Josh

14. 12 Posted by -Kevin N. on 05 Feb, 2016 06:57 PM

Hi Josh,

Earlier versions of Moneydance had a Moneydance updater extension. It was intentionally removed.

Some users, depending on their current version, would download the update and only after opening the program, would they be notified that the update required an additional charge.

From what I've read on these forums, the developers are working on a new updater extension that would check the current version and make it clear as to whether or not the update would involve an additional charge.

HTH -Kevin N.

15. System closed this discussion on 06 May, 2016 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac