Balances of account don't match

Alex W Barker

07 Jul, 2022 02:33 PM

I seem to be unable to reconcile existing balances to long-term (i.e., pre-existing) accounts. Is there a way to not specify a beginning balance, or otherwise equalize the online version of an account from my bank to the Moneydance version, and then reconcile from that point on? I may be doing it wrong, but unless I start with a zero balance new account, it seems like I need to enter a current balance, but that never matches up to the downloaded version of the transactions...

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 07 Jul, 2022 04:04 PM

just a user,

I start with balance of the last statement prior to entering transactions in MD. Enter that amount in the account setup as the start date and balance of that statement as the initial balance. If you have any previous transaction that don't appear in that statement be sure to add them manually. Now as you reconcile to each statement going forward you should be able to balance each new statement. Otherwise a transaction is missing. Either something from the past you didn't account for or something that either didn't post or didn't download from your account.

2. System closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2022 04:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Feb, 2023 03:06 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:45 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:41 AM