How to do 3rd party log in?

Mark Derrick

08 Jul, 2022 08:36 PM

Im having a hard time logging into Bank of America with a new credit card that I have. When it ask me to pick the bank BOA states no more new connections? All my other accounts are communicating fine

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 08 Jul, 2022 10:07 PM

I'm a fellow user.

No more new connections means that BoA are not accepting requests from customers who do not already have Direct Connect enabled to use the service. the text has nothing to do with connections between the software and BoA for an existing Direct Connect for an existing customer with another account. o assuming that BoA support DC for credit cards it would be expected to work for an existing customer of the service.

2. 2 Posted by Mark Derrick on 08 Jul, 2022 10:59 PM

On Jul 8, 2022, at 6:07 PM, dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. I am existing customer with lots of direct connect accounts and the new CC is from BOA and replaced a previous one that was also BOA. Unfortunately I was on the phone with BOA for over and hour and all they kept telling me was to call MD for the 3rd party connection. I guess I’ll have to try again.

Thank you

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 08 Jul, 2022 11:13 PM

The new account may require being enabled for direct connect.

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 09 Jul, 2022 03:24 AM

just a user - don't tell them Moneydance, tell them Quicken. You will get a better response.

5. 5 Posted by Mark Derrick on 09 Jul, 2022 07:19 AM

On Jul 8, 2022, at 11:24 PM, dtd <[email blocked]> wrote:

great suggestions!! Thank you!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ethan on 09 Jul, 2022 09:39 PM

I agree with the above comments. And make sure you say "Quicken Direct Connect," otherwise they will direct you to web connect or some other method, which Moneydance doesn't support.

In general we've found BoA has rarely been willing to activate direct connect for new accounts, but perhaps they'd be willing to make an exception in your situation. We'd be happy to continue supporting them if they'd activate their accounts for customers.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

7. 7 Posted by Mark Derrick on 09 Jul, 2022 09:51 PM

On Jul 9, 2022, at 4:39 PM, Ethan <[email blocked]> wrote:

Made another call to BOA today with no luck. Gonna try my Merrill Lynch consultant as last resort.

Thank you

8. System closed this discussion on 08 Oct, 2022 10:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Feb, 2023 03:06 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:45 AM
04 Feb, 2023 02:41 AM