Unknown username@address in Moneydance+

Robert Winter

27 Aug, 2022 11:31 PM

I'm setting up Moneydance+ and I'm seeing the following text on the web page that opens:

"Thank you for confirming your Moneydance+ connection. It's great to have you on board!
Update payment details Cancel your subscription
Your file Winter 202206 (robert@unifi) is activated. Click Sync Accounts to sign in to the accounts that you'd like to sync with Moneydance."

I don't know where it is getting the 'robert@unifi' email address which is not valid.
Also, I'm not seeing the accounts I'm linking in Plaid itself - is it possibly linked to the invalid email address?

Last, there doesn't seem to be an option to create accounts in moneydance itself from the linked information in Moneydance+? Am I supposed to create accounts in moneydance and then do moneydance+
Thanks,
-Robert

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Aug, 2022 11:44 AM

'robert@unifi' Will be the internal name of your computer, don’t worry about that.

Have you run setup moneydance+ yet from the online bank, and have you made any plaid connections, using the menu/buttons? Ie did you login to your banks and was that successful?

Can you see any connections now in the md+ setup screen?

Have you mapped your account(s) in MD to the MD+ connections? Click on the right and select the md accounts to map?

No, MD+ will NOT create accounts. Use tools/accounts and create the bank or credit account first, then map them in the setup MD+ screen.

When done, online menu, download all.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maddy on 29 Aug, 2022 02:58 PM

Hi Robert,

I can see you’ve received a reply from one of our knowledgeable Moneydance customers. To add to this useful information, since you have successfully subscribed to Moneydance + now, I thought it's worth mentioning that you can find further information
    on Connecting Accounts with Moneydance + in this article of the Knowledge Base.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions or need more assistance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by Robert Winter on 29 Aug, 2022 04:29 PM

Thank you Stuart for your responses.

I have successfully connected some accounts to Moneydance and downloaded
    transactions.

However I'm having two further problems:
    - I have some loans with one bank, and in Moneydance I'm only given the
    option of linking the moneydance+ configuration with two of my credit cards
    in Moneydance, even though I've already created the loan accounts in
    moneydance.
    - I have accounts with my main credit union and, Plaid has downloaded those
    transactions into YNAB in the past, but when I try to link moneydance+ with
    it, it says something about an incompatible 2FA method.

Thanks,
    -Robert

4. System closed this discussion on 28 Nov, 2022 04:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac