MD+ "no name" Connected, Bug Report V2022.5 (4091)

tone

29 Aug, 2022 12:18 AM

This is a bug report for the "Set Up Moneydance+" dialog and related functions.
I now have three "no name" Connected items listed which can't be removed and trigger pop up error notification windows every time a sync action occurs.

Details:
I switched to the new "Paddle" powered MoneyDance+ transaction downloading service several months ago. It was generally a good experience.
Then my REI MasterCard switched from working with USBank to CapitalOne. Same account number, just a new bank servicing the account.
Dealing with this resulted in my "Set Up Moneydance+"/Accounts screen listing a "no name" entity with a "Connected" button.
Neither the "Re-link" nor "Disconnect" buttons do anything useful.
Disconnect displays "Moneydance was unable to remove the connection" followed by an "Online Error" screen (malformed response, server error code 0).
Every time a manual or automatic account sync happens, I get a pop-up window with an error message.
This was annoying enough that I ended up disconnecting all my working connections, unlinking everything, canceling my MoneyDance+ subscription, and
then trying to restart creating connections.
No luck, I now have three "no name" connected non-connections and even more useless popup error screens.
It seems like a classic case of the disconnect code exiting when it discovers the remote part of the connection doesn't exist which then prevents it from
cleaning up the still existing local part.

Example of error displayed when a sync action is triggered:
There was an error communicating with your financial institution. The details of this error are below.
Bank Name: Moneydance+
The error code reported by the server was: 0
Error type: ITEM_ERROR
Error code: ITEM_NOT_FOUND
Item ID: 6ARLmA3y01H5BnLxjxbaIJOExzqZzjt0k43VD
Request ID: biqAQ4xOaqSyMuF
Message: The Item you requested cannot be found. This Item does not exist, has been previously removed via /item/remove, or has had access removed by the user.

1. 1 Posted by tone on 29 Aug, 2022 12:26 AM

Correction: The last "example of error" is what is displayed when a sync happens, triggering a pop-up window.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 29 Aug, 2022 02:23 AM

I recently added a card -- NOT changing a card information
    am I have
    -- the exact same "no name" bank listing
    -- that I also cannot delete / disconnect
    -- and am getting the exact same error message
            about every 15 min or so with just the one "no name" account

And like "tone" I would also appreciate an acknowledgement of the problem and solution.

Thank you.

Bob

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Aug, 2022 11:39 AM

Install latest toolbox extension then run it. Enable advanced mode. Online banking tools. Force disconnect md+ connection.

4. 4 Posted by tone on 29 Aug, 2022 12:13 PM

Power toolbox to the rescue. Thanks Stuart Beesley. That allowed me to clear my connections list and start again. First recreated valid connection confirmed to work normally.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 29 Aug, 2022 01:14 PM

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

6. Maddy closed this discussion on 29 Aug, 2022 02:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac