Downloading transaction to wrong account

Jerome Bullert

12 Sep, 2022 08:06 PM

Hello.

I have two accounts at Wells Fargo Bank NA; one credit card and one checkding account. When I download transactions to the credit card, which is the first one that I downloaded transactions for, the credit card transactions download to the credit card account. But when I try to download transactions for the checking account, Moneydance downloads the credit card account's transactions into the checking account. This happens no mater in which order I download transactions for the account or even if I only try to download the checking account. it is downloading the latest transactions each time, but it's always the credit card account's transactions that are downloaded into both accounts.

Is there a fix for this?

-Jerome

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 12 Sep, 2022 08:56 PM

OFX DC or md+?

2. 2 Posted by Jerome Bullertj... on 12 Sep, 2022 11:58 PM

Jerome Bullertjerome+moneydance's Avatar

-Jerome

On 9/12/2022 1:56 PM, Stuart Beesley (Mr Toolbox) wrote:
    >
    > It's using the OFX service.
    >
    -Jerome

3. 3 Posted by dtd on 13 Sep, 2022 12:53 AM

just a user

Are you quite sure you are picking the credit card account for the credit card (appears you are) and the checking account for checking vs. the credit card account yet again?

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 13 Sep, 2022 01:58 AM

If you are using direct connect, i.e. automatic downloads, when you set it up you have to wait for the banks server to respond with a list of accounts to map to accounts in Moneydance. If you do not wait long enough what happens is that the first account in the Bank's list gets mapped to the selected accounted in Moneydance. If this is what has happened you need to un-map the account and remap it in Moneydance.

5. 5 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Sep, 2022 05:56 AM

If using latest MD try online menu, then there is an option called map online accounts (or something like that, near the bottom). I think you can select the ofx connection and then change the mapping. Any good?

6. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 13 Sep, 2022 05:56 AM

Failing that, disconnect the connection and start again.

7. 7 Posted by Jerome Bullertj... on 01 Oct, 2022 10:10 PM

Jerome Bullertjerome+moneydance's Avatar

I finally got a chance to try this and this did the trick. I hadn't previously
    seen the "Match Online Accounts" menu item. But once I figured  out how to make
    it save my selections, it started downloading the proper transactions to each
    account.

thank you and everyone else who offered help.

-Jerome

-Jerome

8. Ethan closed this discussion on 03 Oct, 2022 02:48 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac