Transactions won't download

Olen Lacy

20 Sep, 2022 08:57 PM

Switched back to using a credit card that had not been used in a while. Transactions that previously downloaded just fine won't download now. Tried "Refresh" info and that didn't solve problem. Turned connection off and reinstalled from your list of financial institutions and it asks for "Customer ID" which I don't know. Bank is clueless about this.
Financial institution is USAA FSB in San Antonio, Texas.
I'm using version 2021 (2006) on a Mac Pro, OS X 10.11.6
All other functions of the software seem to be working just fine, downloaded transactions for the old credit card just fine.

Please help

1. 1 Posted by Olen Lacy on 20 Sep, 2022 10:11 PM

In attempting to use your article Connecting with USAA in the Knowledge Base, it states I need to download the "Toolbox" from the "Manage Extensions" submenu, but there is NO Toolbox option. See attached files. It seemed to be necessary to remove my old USAA connection and establish a new one but it isn't there. Now what?

2. 2 Posted by dtd on 21 Sep, 2022 12:02 AM

just a user - It's not in the knowledge base, but the fix needs at minimum 2021.1(3069) to work.

Toolbox keeps getting updated, so it might even be later than that, but hopefully 2021.1(3069) will work with the current Toolbox as well.

You didn't say where you bought the software, but if you bought it directly from moneydance, you can upgrade to 2021.1(3069) for no cost (same year). If from Apple, well, hope not.

https://infinitekind.com/download_2021

USAA shut down standard OFX connections on January 26, 2021. The Toolbox can fix this, as you read.

If purchased direct, you can upgrade to 2021.1(3069) at the link above. Assuming you did buy it direct, you can also upgrade to 2022.5(4091) for either free or half-price, depending on when you bought the software. (first year upgrade is free, after that, half price)

https://infinitekind.com/purchase

Hope that helps.

3. 3 Posted by Glenn Lacy on 21 Sep, 2022 03:13 AM

Thanks. I tried to update MD a couple of months ago to a newer version and it wouldn’t run with my older OS so I had to revert. I may just have to do manual downloads, export/import.

4. 4 Posted by dtd on 21 Sep, 2022 03:22 AM

Hmmm - there are a lot of people who keep track of what version works with what operating system, so they may be able to help, but I'd THINK that the last 2021 version should work given you are using a 2021 version now.

But maybe wait for someone to jump in with more information.

I'm assuming you are stuck on El Capitan on the system you are using.

5. 5 Posted by dtd on 21 Sep, 2022 03:29 AM

I found this discussion about 10.11:

https://infinitekind.tenderapp.com/discussions/general-questions/116554-moneydance-2022-with-mac-os-10116

So, indeed anything beyond 4056 (which you can't get as it was a preview version) is problematic, but I'd think 2021.1(3069) might work for you, and might get toolbox going.

Sounds like you know how to revert if I am wrong.

6. 6 Posted by dtd on 21 Sep, 2022 03:35 AM

As for manual downloads - USAA does not support manual .OFX .QFX or .QIF downloads, which is why so much work went into making the OFX autodownloads work again.

7. 7 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 21 Sep, 2022 05:49 AM

Ok. So you can certainly run the old script method and run ‘ ofx_create_new_usaa_bank_custom_profile.py’ in the Moneybot console.

I thought in the KB instructions it still referenced how to download the useful_scripts package from my site and how to run the script?

Download this zip.

https://github.com/yogi1967/MoneydancePythonScripts/raw/master/usef...

Unzip. Find the script within the unzip files.

Moneydance. Window. Show moneybot console. Open script. Select file. Click RUN, not run snippet.

8. 8 Posted by Glenn Lacy on 22 Sep, 2022 06:23 PM

Ok, some clarification needed here. I’m 75 years old, but have been using computers for 40 years, so I’m not technology illiterate, but I have never delved into scripts. I downloaded the collection of files listed below and opened the script for USAA, but my question is how much of that script do I insert using the Moneybot Console?

9. 9 Posted by Glenn Lacy on 22 Sep, 2022 07:17 PM

OK, ignore my previous emails about scripts and how much to insert. I went to IK website, downloaded 2021.1 which works fine and enabled me to download toolbox and from there I was able to delete and prime the UsAA signon and all is right with the world now…at least here in my house! Thanks
    OG Lacy

10. 10 Posted by dtd on 22 Sep, 2022 09:03 PM

Glad to hear it worked out!

11. 11 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 22 Sep, 2022 09:04 PM

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

12. Maddy closed this discussion on 23 Sep, 2022 11:24 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac