Moneydance+ Does Not Work (2nd Try - Failure)

ExplodingSidewalk

01 Oct, 2022 05:45 PM

Latest Version of Mondeydance as of 10/01/2022.
Can't get rid of No Name Connections.
Simple online connection to Discover Card EQUALS "No Name"
What a Joke !!!!

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Oct, 2022 09:30 AM

Install / run toolbox extension. Enable advanced mode. Ofx tools menu. Force disconnect md+ connection.

2. 2 Posted by ExplodingSidewa... on 02 Oct, 2022 02:58 PM

Stuart,
    Thank you so much for your quick reply and help. I can't believe I have to use your Fantastic ToolBox to fix these minor "annoying" issues with Moneydance and Moneydance+. "Force disconnect an MD+ Connection" was unavailable to select so I decided to use "ZAP your Moneydance+ (Plaid) settings.". That seemed to completely remove my email address (associated with Moneydance+) and all Moneydance+ accounts. Excellent.

I was wondering, if I tried to sign up for Moneydance+ (3rd time) in the future would those "No Name" Accounts show up again?

Anyways, customers using Moneydance NEED to download your ToolBox no matter what. Great work Stuart.

3. 3 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 02 Oct, 2022 03:36 PM

OK, I'm guessing that you are running a MD build less than 4090? That Toolbox feature only self-enables after 4090... There are specific MD fixes in 4090 and 4091 for your issue.. Although, they do not properly fix the problem, but Toolbox can.

... So best to upgrade to MD 2022.5(4091)....

Also, interestingly, the Zap option is only there if your status is NOT md+ subscribed/activated...? So anyway, Zap will clear out the settings/license...

Unfortunately, the NO NAMES will (might/can) eventually reappear.. There is a bug. I have already pointed out the problem/resolution to IK; let's see if it gets fixed. In the mean time, Toolbox CAN delete the NO NAMES if you are on 4091....

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

4. 4 Posted by ExplodingSidewa... on 02 Oct, 2022 04:17 PM

Thanks again for your help Stuart.

I thought I was using the latest version. I even check for updates before posting.

You are correct. Version 2022.4 (4087)

5. 5 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 Oct, 2022 06:51 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.
    Hi ExplodingSidewa

Download for 2022.5(4091) can be found at https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software

Hope this helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Moneydance__Error_20221001.PNG 23.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac