Plaid won't accept texted code numbers

tiptonbob

11 Oct, 2022 04:59 PM

I have attempted to set up two accounts that keep telling me that my credentials are incorrect. Both of these accounts send me a code which I receive and copy/paste into the Moneydance+ window. I then get the incorrect message. These two accounts are T. Rowe Price and Treasury Direct, both of which appear in your list of banks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maddy on 12 Oct, 2022 08:52 AM

Hi,

We are sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered.

Adding 'extra spaces', capitalization and punctuation errors are common causes of the INVALID_CREDENTIALS error.

• Often the institution requires special configuration steps before you can link your account with Plaid.

• Is it possible you have selected the wrong institution? ie.: T. Rowe Price vs T. Rowe Price Workplace Retirement - Tradelink

Plaid supports institutions that have multiple login portals for the various products they offer, and it is common for users to confuse a different selection for the one which their credentials would actually be accepted.

This confusion is particularly common between brokerage accounts and retirement accounts, for instance.

--
    Maddy, Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by tiptonbob on 12 Oct, 2022 02:35 PM

I think that my usernames and passwords are being accepted, since the two institutions send me a text with a login code. I can login to T Rowe Price at the URL shown on the Plaid information, so I don't think I have the wrong institution.

Who could tell me if these two institutions have "special configuration steps?"

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Maddy on 12 Oct, 2022 02:45 PM

Could you send us the contents of your console log, from when you're trying to connect to T Rowe Price via Moneydance+? With this information I will be able to escalate your query directly to Plaid for further advice.

Here's how to get the logs:

1) In Moneydance, select Help > Console Window. This will open the console messages window.
    2) While the Console Window is open, attempt to connect to your bank using Moneydance+. Any error messages should be recorded to the Console.
    3) Select all of the text in the Console and use the "Copy to Clipboard" button at the bottom to copy the text.
    4) Paste the text from the message window into a text file (preferably saved with a .txt extension) and attach that file to your response here.

Thank you

--

4. 4 Posted by tiptonbob on 12 Oct, 2022 03:39 PM

Here is the Console Window dump.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Maddy on 13 Oct, 2022 09:36 AM

Thank you for the additional information.

I've referred your query to Plaid support for further investigating the issue.

We will post an update in this thread as soon as they'll respond.

--

6. System closed this discussion on 12 Jan, 2023 09:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac