Proper way to add new bank sub acct to my existing bank acct with MD+

buffo

25 Jan, 2023 02:20 PM

I just ran into a mess. I added a new CD bank acct to my existing bank (call it FIB). After that I tried to add a MD+ connection to this new sub acct (new CD). I used the "Refresh" button on the "Set Up MD" screen, but my new CD acct would not show up. I tried it last night and again this morning thinking it was a timing issue, but it doesn't seem to be. I decided to redo the FIB MD+ connection like new. After I did this the FIB connection showed all of my sub accts correctly. I unlinked my old FIB connection and re-assiged the link between my sub-accts. This create a mess when I tried to download the old sub-accts.
I decided to test using the Toolbox to clean up this mess. I think I have the solution, but I'm a little nervous. What did I do wrong and what is the proper way to add a new sub-acct to an existing MD+ bank acct??
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 25 Jan, 2023 02:31 PM

OK, can you describe what 'mess' you have as it's not clear from your post. What is the state of your dataset/connections and what do you want to change?

2. 2 Posted by buffo on 25 Jan, 2023 03:13 PM

I think I have it all fixed now, by using the toolbox to clear MD+ cache and then resetting last trnx dates to current ones for the FIB bank accts. All appears to working now.

The mess was:
    When I tried to download transactions for my old FIB sub accts, MD would prompt for how I wanted to download them and if I pick the right one it download tens of duplicates. That new prompt would not go away for the old sub-accts. Does that make sense?

3. 3 Posted by buffo on 25 Jan, 2023 03:16 PM

My main concern going forward is "What did I do wrong?" I certainly do not want to do this again.

4. 4 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 25 Jan, 2023 03:49 PM

OK, you needed the toolbox, cleanup banking links feature... By running clear cache, it also runs the cleanup feature as a hidden bonus... 😉

Toolbox 🧰 +1 😃

5. 5 Posted by buffo on 25 Jan, 2023 04:17 PM

Thanks for the Toolbox. This is the second time that it saved me.
    Do you know the proper way to connect MD+ to a new sub-acct to an existing bank acct using MD+ already? Isn't the "Refresh" button suppose to show it on the existing connections screen?

6. 6 Posted by Stuart Beesley ... on 25 Jan, 2023 04:18 PM

I can't see why it wouldn't.. Did you try restarting MD?

7. 7 Posted by buffo on 25 Jan, 2023 05:54 PM

Yes, I did a restart more than once along with multiple "Refresh" button clicks. I guess it could be a timing issue that the new sub-acct became available to MD+ just when I decided to redo the bank's connection. I'm pretty sure that the "refresh" button work with several other new sub-accts in the past.
    In the future is there a way to really see what is available to MD+ when the "refresh" button isn't "working"?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac