downloading transactions

fredy

12 Mar, 2016 02:51 PM

Hello
I am having lots of trouble downloading transactions from the bank website. When I hit the "D"" key it will download transactions from years ago for that account. I just want to download the last transactions since I was on the site last (or since the last statement) . How do I do that? Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 14 Mar, 2016 12:11 PM

Hi Fredy,

The first time you connect to your bank through Moneydance automatically, MD will download all transactions available on your bank's server. Most banks will limit the amount of available data (3-6 months for example), but it seems your bank has data available going much further back.

Each banks website is different, and each banks allows different download formats. If you go to your banks website as if you are downloading your transactions, you may be able to specify the dates for download. On my banks website for example, I can select a custom date range, or 'since last download' within my download date preferences. The file can then be downloaded and imported to Moneydance.

I hope this information is helpful, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jim & Frederiqu... on 14 Mar, 2016 12:35 PM

Hello,
    I thank you for this email. I still have some questions.

What is the "D" key for then if I have to go to the website and download a
    file each time to download my latest transactions?
    Unfortunately it isn't just the first time as you said (*The first time you
    connect to your bank through Moneydance automatically, MD will download all
    transactions available on your bank's serve*r) It has done so several times
    and I spend over 1 hour merging and canceling transactions after I hit that
    "D" key. I am now afraid to do so and am left to entering each transaction
    manually which defeats the purpose of MD.
    When I hit "D" it doesn't ask me anything other than my password for the
    card; it just downloads hundreds of transactions, some from 2014!
    Please explain. Thanks
    Fredy

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jenny on 14 Mar, 2016 12:47 PM

Hi Fredy,

Using the 'D' key, you're 'Downloading all Accounts' which downloads all information available from all bank accounts you have previously setup. This feature is useful if your bank automatically provides your more recent data, but it should not be downloading the same transactions multiple times. Can you let me know the name of the financial institution you're downloading your data from?

Can you confirm if you're deleting transactions from the register after downloading? Deleting a downloaded transaction will cause it to be downloaded again. Instead, you should merge the transactions and accept with their duplicate instead of deleting them.

Can you also amended the following settings - Moneydance --> Preferences --> Network, and turning on the option "Automatically merge downloaded transactions", and let me know if this has any effect on the data downloaded to the register?

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

4. System closed this discussion on 13 Jun, 2016 12:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

31 Jan, 2023 09:32 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:51 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:46 AM