Can't connect to my Visa

Robb

13 Mar, 2016 12:20 AM

Trying to download transactions from my Wells Fargo Visa, and it is not working.

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 13 Mar, 2016 12:27 AM

Hi Robb,

Is this a connection that has previously functioned, or is this your first time establishing the connection? Can you please verify the exact build version of Moneydance you are running? To do this run Moneydance and from the menu bar select Help->Console Window... Then copy and paste the output of the console window to this discussion.

Thanks!

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by rgonyer on 13 Mar, 2016 12:34 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. After some more reading, it appears that my bank uses web connect which Moneydance does not support unfortunately. I'll need to ask for a refund if that's the case. I was looking for a Quicken replacement.

Thanks,
    Robb

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 14 Mar, 2016 11:32 AM

Hi Robb,

I'd be happy to offer you a refund if you purchased Moneydance directly from our website, but I am inclined to offer you technical assistance first. This is not an attempt to get out of giving you a refund, if that is what you want let me know and I will authorise it. However if there is something specific that I might be able to assist you with, I am at your service.

Some Wells Fargo accounts do support both Web Connect and Direct Connect, you can find a list of the supported Wells Fargo banks here. If your bank account is supported, you'll need to contact your bank to enable access. Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. When you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use.

If your bank account is not supported then the best way to get your files into Moneydance is to use a web browser to download them from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by rgonyer on 14 Mar, 2016 02:17 PM

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the email. I'm willing to work on this a bit more. The odd thing is it connected right away to my checking account, but when I added my credit card it said "Can't find account" or something like that.

One thing I am wondering though, I think if I use direct conntct, I'll be charged a monthly fee of $9. It was that way when we were using MS Money a long time ago.

I know I can manually import files, but that's an extra step I really don't want.
    Robb

5. 5 Posted by Ian O on 14 Mar, 2016 02:48 PM

Hi Robb,

When you are attempting to connect with Wells Fargo, can you let me know which financial institution you are selecting from the list, as there are multiple 'Wells Fargo' variations? Can you confirm if you are experiencing issues downloading your checking account transactions, or if this only effecting your credit card account?

If you haven't enabled your credit card account for access with direct connect already, this may be the reason that you are unable to download these transactions.

Unfortunately, Wells Fargo do charge a fee for enabling direct connect. The only way to avoid this charge is to manually download the files from your banks website. You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by rgonyer on 14 Mar, 2016 02:51 PM

Wells Fargo Bank. Checking is working fine.

I'll take a look at the manual download functionality tonight to see if it's reasonable.
    Thanks!

7. 7 Posted by rgonyer on 14 Mar, 2016 02:52 PM

Oh one other question, is there any reason that you don't support web connect?

----- Original Message -----

8. 8 Posted by Ian L on 14 Mar, 2016 02:58 PM

We've looked into various methods of supporting it in the past. It's either difficult or very expensive. It is definitely something we'd like to do, though, and we're still looking for the best way to do so. We have a few ideas we're working on, though they are a ways off from the testing stage.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

9. 9 Posted by rgonyer on 26 Mar, 2016 03:01 PM

Hi Ian,

I was able to get my quicken working again, so I'd just like to go ahead with a refund for this software. Next time I'm ready to upgrade to new software, I'll certainly consider this software again but for now Quicken is working OK for me.

Thanks
    Robb

10. 10 Posted by Ian L on 28 Mar, 2016 02:44 PM

I am sorry that our product did not meet your needs. I have asked our payment processing partners BMT Micro to process your refund. They will let you know when the process is complete from their end.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thank you for your interest in Moneydance.

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

11. Ian L closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2016 02:44 PM.

12. rgonyer re-opened this discussion on 28 Mar, 2016 06:32 PM

13. 11 Posted by rgonyer on 28 Mar, 2016 06:32 PM

Thanks. I appreciate your support.

----- Original Message -----

14. Ian L closed this discussion on 29 Mar, 2016 10:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

31 Jan, 2023 09:32 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:51 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:46 AM