Online Banking Setup with Chase

scott

20 Mar, 2016 06:14 PM

I bought the software with the understanding that it would link seemlessly with Chase and download files. My Chase accounts are authorized for online transactions per their support desk. I am still getting error 2000, User Not Authorized the System with thie Application. Am I doing something wrong or does moneydance, in fact, not work with Chase?

Please provide a solution or refund.

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 20 Mar, 2016 07:38 PM

Hi Scott,

To enable the connection with Chase you can call them at 1-877-242-7372, or go with the simpler method and use their website. First, log on to Chase's site, and click the Customer Center Tab. Select "Activate Quicken, QuickBooks, etc." and follow the prompts from there. Good luck getting set up, and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Scott Bohnert on 20 Mar, 2016 07:59 PM

I did all of that as stated in my message. I'm getting an account
    unauthorized message. Chase's manager rep stated clearly that they only
    support Quicken. She also stated that my account is set up properly in
    their end.

3. 3 Posted by scott on 20 Mar, 2016 09:23 PM

okay. My apoogies. After checking again, it appears I did have to take additional actions despite the manager telling me I was all set up. Unbelievably, Chase wants $9.95 per month to connect with the software. I'm not sure if that is per account. Pretty surprising given that I currently have seven accounts with Chase. I'm not sure when that fee was added. Crazy. The first rep I spoke with had never heard of personal finance software and the manager didn't know to tell me to do that.

I'll just have to take the extra step and download the data and import it unless I am missing something.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jenny on 21 Mar, 2016 10:38 AM

Hi Scott,

No problem, Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance.

Unfortunately some banks will charge to enable Direct Connect, and the only way to avoid the charge is to use a web browser to download your transactions from your bank's web site. You can download into QFX, OFX or OFC files (aka Quicken or MS Money files), any of which will import cleanly into Moneydance.

You can also open your bank's download page directly (after entering the appropriate address in the Account --> Edit Account menu) by going to the menu bar and selecting Online --> Open Account Website, which makes the download process easier.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

5. System closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2016 10:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac