Online Bill Pay

cybertooth

29 Mar, 2016 07:46 PM

I scheduled a new payment to a vendor that I had paid successfully before. The payee says they never received the new payment. The bank says they sent the payment and deducted the money from my account. The bank can only tell me that they sent the money.

I need proof that the vendors account received the money. How do I get that from Money Dance or Infinite Kind ??

Gil

cybertooth [2:48 PM]
After many phone calls and 5 hours spent with the bank, the payee, and finally with Checkfree, I think I have figured it out.

cybertooth [2:59 PM]
I did want to add more. Moneydance online bill pay uses Checkfree Online Billpay Service, which many banks also use. When I schedule an online bill payment, Moneydance sends all necessary information to Checkfree. Checkfree then uses that information to move funds from my bank account to their own bank account. The payment is then sent from Checkfree's account to my payee.

cybertooth [3:12 PM]
It might be helpful if Moneydance would state that Checkfree is used to make online payments, and provide a Customer Support number for Checkfree to research any problems with a payment. Someone at my bank gave me a phone number for Checkfree Customer Service at 800-462-6765 I think my payment was either lost in the mail or delayed in the mail between Checkfree and my payee. The person that was finally helpful at my bank was able to confirm all of this, put a stop payment on the 1st Checkfree payment, and reissue the payment again. Thanks all.

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 29 Mar, 2016 10:29 PM

I don't think there is a way to get proof from Moneydance. When you send a payment, Moneydance communicates with your bank's server to actually make the payment. Your bank is the authoritative source on whether or not the payment has been made. You would have to contact the vendors bank to get absolute proof that money has been deposited in there account, though I'm not sure they could actually give you that information since you are not the account holder. However, if your bank says they sent the money, they very likely did.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Good luck in getting this resolved,

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by cybertooth on 29 Mar, 2016 10:48 PM

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Gil

3. System closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2016 10:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac