SOLVED -- Citizens Bank Direct Connection Settings

sandy44147

31 Mar, 2016 12:07 AM

I've purchased moneydance and having problems setting up online banking. A discussion posting by Scott Meehan on 12/10/15 says that Moneydance supports connections to Citizen's Bank with the following connections: Citizens Bank-Mid West Consumer OFX settings.
That bank connection is not on the pull down menu and he did not post the OFX settings. Can you give me the OFX settings to set up this connection or provide other advise as to how I should set up this connection (I'm assuming if it's not in the pull down menu I need to set up the connection with the Advanced Settings. Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by Ian L on 01 Apr, 2016 01:10 PM

Here is the information you need to connect to Citizens Bank:

fi_name = Citizens Bank-Mid West Consumer
    fi_org = FiServ CheckFree
    fi_id = 4669
    ofx_url = https://www.oasis.cfree.com/fip/genesis/prod/04669.ofx

We no longer officially support this connection because most of our customers have trouble with it and Citizens was quite unhelpful in trying to resolve issues. However, if you have trouble getting connected, let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by sandy44147 on 01 Apr, 2016 01:59 PM

If this direct connection is no longer the supported method, what is the recommended way to download info from Citizen's Bank? Other threads say Moneydance does not support web connect or express web connect. So, is the only solution to download OFX, QFX, QIF, and OFC files from the bank and import them? thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Ian L on 01 Apr, 2016 02:10 PM

If the direct connection works for you, you should definitely use that. it's just that a lot of customers have found it impossible to set up, and Citizens Bank usually refuses to help them. If it doesn't work for you, you'll need to download and import files (preferably OFX or QFX).

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by sandy44147 on 04 Apr, 2016 07:29 PM

SOLVED - Thanks for the help, with this info combined with info from Keith's 10/21/2009 post I got the Direct Connection with Citizens Bank to work. Here's the summary:
    1. You have to contact Citizens Bank to set up Direct Connection. There is a monthly fee which is waived for Premier banking and Gold level checking meeting min. balances. They will issue you a User ID and Temporary password.
    2. As Keith's post says, you have to do the initial connection from either Quicken or MS Money as the Temporary password is only to make initial connection and these programs will prompt you to change the password (Moneydance only gives a logon error and wouldn't ask for a password change).
    3. Once I changed the password in Quicken and successfully connected, I came back to Moneydance.
    4. I set up online banking using the Advanced Settings, used the direct connect settings for Citizens Bank-mid west consumer above (but there are others available in other posts).
    5. Used my User ID and NEW password and connected successfully.
    Note: I am converting from Quicken so I have the software, but a free sunset edition of MS Money is available online if you want to use that to set up your account and then you could delete the program when done.

Thanks to all for the help.

5. 5 Posted by Ian L on 05 Apr, 2016 11:45 AM

Great, glad things are working again! Thanks also for the detailed instructions. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thanks for using Moneydance.

Ian L
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Ian L closed this discussion on 05 Apr, 2016 11:45 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac