Repeating Online Bill Pay and Online Transfer Transaction Support

marcbiz

02 Apr, 2016 07:39 PM

Greetings,

I've used Quicken for Windows (via Parallels on my Mac) for the past 15 years, and have had a love/hate relationship with the product. Every year or so I've tried out promising OS X platform alternatives, but so far they've always fallen too short of the needed mark. Last week I took Moneydance out for a test drive, and so far I'm mostly pleased.

However, a few features of importance (provided by Quicken) are not currently available in Moneydance:

1. Repeating Online Bill Pay Transactions - the ability to instruct my bank (PNC Bank) to make repeating payments to a payee over a designated time period or for a fixed number of payments.

2. Online Transfer Transactions - the ability to initiate transfers between accounts held at a financial institution (adding a repeating feature/funtionality to this would be even more desirable).

The addition of these features to Moneydance would clear the last hurdle for many unhappy Quicken users (and there are lots of them!) to switch to Moneydance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jenny on 05 Apr, 2016 01:41 PM

Glad to hear you're enjoying your experience with Moneydance!

If you have already setup Online Bill Pay (and this is supported by your financial institution) then you can create a 'Transaction Reminder' within Tools --> Reminders. Create the transaction reminder with the desired information, and select the relevant 'repeat' details to ensure it's not a one-off payment. When the reminder is due, you can select "Send Online Payment” (rather than confirm, skip or defer) when confirming a transaction reminder and you’ll be sent to the bill payment interface.

Regarding the 'Online Transfer' feature, theres already an existing suggestion ticket in our system, so I've attached the ticket to this discussion. I'll pass your feedback to the developers and we'll notify you of any updates within this thread.

Thanks for your comments and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 05 Jul, 2016 01:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

31 Jan, 2023 09:32 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:51 AM
31 Jan, 2023 08:46 AM