can not connect

Meade Foster

13 Apr, 2016 01:12 AM

I am totally disappointed with lack of support I have received. I can not get Online Banking set up with American Funds. I'm using Moneydance ver. 2015.7 for Mac using Yosemite OS X. When I enter the user ID and PIN (password) I get this message....
 " The given customer ID or PIN is not valid. For more information, contact your financial institution."
When I access American Funds web site using the same ID and PIN, though Safari. it connects fast and all account information is there.
I contacted American Funds and they could not help.
I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR TWO DAHYS AND FRANKLY DO NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT MONEYDANCE.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 13 Apr, 2016 07:21 AM

While your institution appears on the list f supported financial institutions:

http://infinitekind.com/fi

it is usually the case that the username & password required for direct connect is different to what you use for your login when using a browser, as different systems are used.

I cannot comment specifically on your case but this is what I would expect

2. 2 Posted by Ian O on 13 Apr, 2016 09:22 AM

Hi Meade,

Many financial institutions will require you to enable your accounts for application-based online banking. You can accomplish this by asking your bank to set up your account for Direct Connections from Quicken. Moneydance uses exactly the same OFX server connection protocol as Quicken but your bank representative may not know this and mistakenly believe that you can not connect in Moneydance. Calling up your bank and stating precisely the following should get you started. "Please enable Direct Connect on my account such that I can connect to your servers directly with Quicken. Also give me the login credentials I need to connect Quicken to this service."

Application-based online banking often requires a different login/PIN than the ones that are used for ATM or web-based banking. I believe that with American Funds, you should use your SSN for the username ID. However, when you enable your account for access from Moneydance or Quicken, your financial institution should let you know what customer ID/login and PIN to use and they can confirm this is correct.

Please let us know if you continue to encounter issues after contacting your bank.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

3. System closed this discussion on 30 Jul, 2016 03:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac