Wells Fargo, Downloading Transactions - Error Code 2000

's Avatar

david

12 Jun, 2015 01:37 AM

I'm trying to download transactions from Wells Fargo, which has been working forever, and in the last day I'm getting this Error 2000, claiming my software wasn't supported anymore.

I have the latest version of MoneyDance installed (2015.4 - 1220).

I called the Wells Fargo and my account is working fine. I'm able to log into the Website without any issues.

Whats going on?

1. 1 Posted by David Hanley on 12 Jun, 2015 09:59 AM

Hi David,

Can you try re-creating your connection with your financial institution and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing? You will need to disable your current connection to your bank and then recreate it using the New Connection button on the Online Banking Setup screen. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1) Select your bank account in Moneydance

2) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu

3) Click the "Disable" button.  If you don't see a disable button, continue to step 5.

4) Select the Online->Setup Online Banking button/menu (again)

5) Click the "New Connection" button and select your bank and hit OK

6) Continue with the setup process, entering your username/password

7) Repeat steps 1-6 for any additional accounts

Make sure you pick new connection, even though your bank is still one of the connection choices after you disable it. Choosing your bank from the list of available banks will force Moneydance to download the updated information, which should then allow you to connect.

Please let me know if you continue to have connection problems after recreating your connection.

David Hanley
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Jon Jaffe on 12 Jun, 2015 12:25 PM

I have the same problem and recreating a new connection does not help. The same error 2000 occurs.

3. 3 Posted by truemant on 12 Jun, 2015 12:40 PM

David - I am still having the same problem.  I do not have the Disable Button so couldn't do steps 3 or 4.  I followed the rest of the steps and same problem.
    I also upgraded from a version of Moneydance from 2012 to 2015 and still have the problem
    HELP
     Tom Trueman
    (240) 848-8284 (Mobile); (828) 264-8769 (Home Office)

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 5:59 AM
     Subject: Re: Wells Fargo, Downloading Transactions - Error Code 2000 [Online Banking #499]

#yiv1834342350 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1834342350 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Wells Fargo, Downloading Transactions - Error Code 2000. To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.infinitekind.com, visit this page

4. 4 Posted by Jon Jaffe on 12 Jun, 2015 12:48 PM

Nothing seems to work.

5. 5 Posted by truemant on 12 Jun, 2015 12:57 PM

I also tried the following to force clearing out / disabling the old connection to Wells Fargo - which got an error message - it didn't work either!
    Come on guys, let's get the users some help!

Posted by Jessica Little on Mar 31, 2011 @ 10:33 AM Hi David,It's seems like Moneydance might be having trouble forgettingyour old connection information. To fix this, you'll need to forceclear all of your current connection information in Moneydance. I'msending a file called remove_all_services.py thatwill help do that. Before proceeding, please back up yourMoneydance file, just in case something goes wrong. So far, thishasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!To use the file, first save it to your computer and then followthese steps:1) In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose theAdd... option
    2) In the window that pops up, make sure the FromInternet option is selected and then click next.
    3) From the list of available extensions, choose the pythonscripting interface extension, then click Next to downloadthe extension and finish to complete the installation.
    4) Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose thePython Interface option.
    5) In the python scripting window, click the read fromfile button and load the file from whereever you saved it.You won't get any confirmation of anything happening, but you alsoshouldn't get any error messages. Close the window when done.
    6) Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all ofyour settings have been cleared, you should get the most recentconnection information for your bank.Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'llcontinue troubleshooting.Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support
       - remove_all_services.py 139 Bytes
       Tom Trueman

Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 5:59 AM
     Subject: Re: Wells Fargo, Downloading Transactions - Error Code 2000 [Online Banking #499]

#yiv1834342350 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv1834342350 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Wells Fargo, Downloading Transactions - Error Code 2000. To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.infinitekind.com, visit this page

6. 6 Posted by Jon Jaffe on 12 Jun, 2015 01:07 PM

I need the file.

7. 7 Posted by truemant on 12 Jun, 2015 01:33 PM

Tom Trueman

Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 9:07 AM

#yiv2228995027 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2228995027 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

8. 8 Posted by Jon Jaffe on 12 Jun, 2015 01:49 PM

I was able to solve the problem

9. 9 Posted by Rob on 12 Jun, 2015 01:53 PM

The original fix (no python needed) works. Disable the connection as described above on ALL of your wells fargo accounts first.
    Next, setup new online connection. Click "new connection", search for wells fargo (even if it shows in your personal list of banks (along with "zWachova" which I was using due to problems I had a few years ago when wells fargo took over). Moneydance will find all the banks, type in wells and select "Wells Fargo Bank".
    Then click "next", it should take 2 or 3 seconds to come back with the accounts you want to select.
    Set up all your accounts and then it will work.

Thanks for this thread!

Rob

10. 10 Posted by David S. on 12 Jun, 2015 02:16 PM

David Henley,

I tried that and it doesn't work. I get the error 2000 while trying to setup the account after disabling the online banking.

I pulled the bank from the "Search" list and not the existing banks to trigger an update to the profile as well. No luck.

What next?

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Ethan on 12 Jun, 2015 02:20 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure who is still having problems with this, so I'm just posting the python instructions here for good measure. This option should be tried after you have tried the resetting the connection option at the top of this thread, which fixes this issue for most people. Just to make sure, when recreating your connection in that process, it's critical to use the New Connection button to reconnect to Wells Fargo. If you just select it from the dropdown, you will not get updated information.

If that still doesn't work, you'll need to force clear the current connection information for your bank in Moneydance. I'm attaching a file called remove_one_service_2015.py (or remove_one_service.py if you are using Moneydance 2014 or earlier) that will help do that. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can use these instructions to create a backup:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/moneydance-2014/how-to-move-your-da...

except copy your data set instead of moving it, in order to create a backup. So far, this hasn't caused any problems, but better safe than sorry!

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the remove_one_service_2015.py file from whereever you saved it. You will be asked to select which connection you want to clear. Choose your bank, and click OK. You'll get a confirmation message when the connection has been removed. Close the window when done.
    6. Set up the connection to your bank like normal. Since all of your settings have been cleared, you should get the most recent connection information for your bank.

Hopefully, that will work. If it doesn't, let me know and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

12. 12 Posted by David Streever on 12 Jun, 2015 03:17 PM

The scripts worked for me and I'm now able to reconnect to my bank.

Thank you.

13. 13 Posted by truemant on 12 Jun, 2015 06:44 PM

this only works if you have the Disable option.  Some versions of Moneydance 2015 do NOT have this option
     Tom Trueman

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Ian L on 12 Jun, 2015 09:39 PM

Hi Tom,

If you don't see a disable option, you can just skip to step 5 and use the New Connection button to set up your connection again.

Ian
    Infinite Kind Support

15. System closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2016 04:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac